NBC Announces January 2009 Schedule

RommieSG

Car(s)
Ford Probe LX
And you guessed it...no Top Gear....

NBC announced today the January 2009 schedule that features the series premieres of "Superstars of Dance" (debuting January 4) and "Howie Do It" (January 9), the returns of "The Biggest Loser: Couples" (January 6) and "Friday Night Lights" (January 16).

Likewise, NBC will broadcast the original movie event "The Last Templar" Sunday and Monday, January 25-26, 9-11 p.m. ET both nights).

NBC also showcases the new specials "Saturday Night Live Sports Extra" on Sunday, January 4 (7-9 p.m. ET) and "Saturday Night Live Film Festival" on Sunday, January 18 (9-11 p.m. ET). "Dateline NBC" also will broadcast a Presidential Inauguration Day Special on Tuesday, January 20 (10-11 p.m. ET).

Among the new night-by-night lineup changes are:

The two-hour premiere of "Superstars of Dance" - from the producers of "So You Think You Can Dance?" -- will be broadcast on Sunday, January 4 (9-11 p.m. ET) before the series resumes in its regular day and time on Monday, January 5 through January 19 (8-10 p.m. ET). The new competition series -- showcasing the world's best and most varied dancers -- will be followed on Mondays by "Momma's Boys" (10-11 p.m. ET), the new alternative series from executive producer Ryan Seacrest.

The season finale of "Superstars of Dance" will wrap on Monday, January 26 (8-9 p.m. ET).

On Tuesdays -- from January 6 -- NBC will telecast "The Biggest Loser: Couples" (8-10 p.m. ET) followed by "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (10-11 p.m. ET).

Fridays will see the debut of "Howie Do It" -- starring Howie Mandel of NBC's "Deal or No Deal" (8-9 p.m. ET) -- beginning January 9.

The critically acclaimed "Friday Night Lights" will then return to NBC's Friday-night lineup on January 16 (9-10 p.m. ET).

So it's looking as though we'll be waiting even longer for it's debut....if it debuts at all.

Good Top Gear Australia is doing enough to ruin the Top Gear name, hopefully it never gets released. Especially with those hosts.

Imagine if Top Gear America was good, stranger things have happened. . .

I hate critics, but E-critics who haven't even seen a finished product, they're like those people who only eat chicken strips, because they just KNOW any other food will just be horrible. And when they eat something that tastes good they can't admit it because they've cried about it for so long.

1 Top Gear knock off was a horrid failure why should I have faith in the next one being good? Especially with a host I can't stand? You can try and make all the weak analogies you want that's still not going to change my opinion of never wanting to see this show get a TV slot.

Imagine if this was good? Imagine if Paris Hiltons movie "pleague this" was good? It's the same thing for me, I don't need to watch a preview of her movie to know it's trash.

As far as "if it debuts at all":

Didnt Wilman say from the start that it would probably show up in febuary or march 2009? I cant be assed to go look for myself but i remember that coming up after the pilot was filmed.

I remember that too, Matt.

I'm not worried, I'm sure it'll surface eventually. Its been said before, NBC has football through the Super Bowl. It could take Sunday nights in that spot.. or maybe even May as a new summer show.

We just need to be patient.

i hope it makes it to air and i hope it is not a letdown.

Adam Carolla is cool, i dont know about the other guys though but Adam's humor is funny (i think).
he is a real car guy and so i thinkk he really has something to bring to the show.

Maybe they should release the pilot over the internet waves so they can actually gauge the fan reaction. :wicked:

^ I was thinking that same thing. Or like others have said, put it on BBC America.

You know the network already had to spend money to make the pilot + any episodes and that's on top of the BBC's fee for the top gear name - so why not put it on the air?

Maybe they should release the pilot over the internet waves so they can actually gauge the fan reaction. :wicked:

Sounds good to me. Put it on hulu and they can even make some advertising money off of it.

It will happen somtime. We are talking about a "major network", that has been getting killed by the cable networks for the last 15 years or so. They don't understand how to attract veiwers anymore.

Autoblog says NBC has passed on it, shame, I don't really see it fitting into anyone's cable lineup. Maybe SPIKE TV tho?

(I'd link the URL but this is one of my first posts - so it would have to be moderated probably)

Autoblog says NBC has passed on it, shame, I don't really see it fitting into anyone's cable lineup. Maybe SPIKE TV tho?

(I'd link the URL but this is one of my first posts - so it would have to be moderated probably)
Autoblog has it wrong. NBC did not pass on it, BBC passed on NBC.

If it is going to be on SPEED channel. I hope they create SPEED channel in HD!
SPEED is in HD on DirecTV, just not on Dish. :(

As for NBC's line up, "Friday Night Lights" is the only thing that's interesting (and "The Last Templar" maybe), the rest is junk as far as I'm concerned.