Need a new Nokia

//Dave

Well it's upgrade time once again ( :thumbsup: )

Right now I've got a 6680, great phone. Used a few N70s, let the team down somewhat. I'm looking for something with a lot of memory for music and definitley a good camera (at least as good as the N70) and I'll probably need it on contracts (I use a lot more texts than minutes).

Any suggestions on whats good on the market right now?

ive had a n73 for trial for a couple of weeks, and its great, gsm/3g network performance (real world phone performance is at the top of the market currently.

3 megapixel camera, zoom, its great.. this is a full size pic from my balcony of last nights sunset (aways hard to photograph, given the dark darks and over bright whites)

http://static.flickr.com/80/215793890_9646bde26b_o.jpg

n91/2 is to chunky, n93 is juts silly (had these to test as well)

stay away from the v3x - its a POS, motorola still lack the ability to read a etsi specification, and then produce something that complies to it.

samsung seem to have copied motorola (and the faults).

seony ericsson, i dont understand the clumsy menu system, so I stay away from them (but thats personal choice), and use them in a network testing role, but control them via a computer. so no real preference.

im loving the n73!

Well I only look at Nokias in general anyways.

I agree V3 series is terrible, only 'good' samsung ever used was a Z500, didn't like it after 10 minutes and it rang RIDICULOUSLY quiet with MP3s. Last Sony Ericcson that got shoved to me via upgrade was a V600i, was square and basically terrible. Went back and was given an N70 but it was so disgustingly slow (as have been the ones from other networks) that it's pointless using it for anything but calling just about (the menu took 7 seconds usually to load :thumbsdown:).

I don't mind chunky phones though, I don't like the 6280 somebody showed me theirs the other day, huge for a slider phone IMO. The n91 looks really good and the 3250 looks really nice but it lacks in memory behind the n91s 4 gigs. AAAGH too much choice :p

asphotos said:
ive had a n73 for trial for a couple of weeks, and its great, gsm/3g network performance (real world phone performance is at the top of the market currently.

3 megapixel camera, zoom, its great.. this is a full size pic from my balcony of last nights sunset (aways hard to photograph, given the dark darks and over bright whites)

http://static.flickr.com/80/215793890_9646bde26b_o.jpg

n91/2 is to chunky, n93 is juts silly (had these to test as well)

stay away from the v3x - its a POS, motorola still lack the ability to read a etsi specification, and then produce something that complies to it.

samsung seem to have copied motorola (and the faults).

seony ericsson, i dont understand the clumsy menu system, so I stay away from them (but thats personal choice), and use them in a network testing role, but control them via a computer. so no real preference.

im loving the n73!

hey asphotoes... I', still waiting on either optus or three to release the N73 , which phone company are you on trial for? Any idea on release dates?

i cant really tell you, im proberly not even allowed to mention Im using one as we speak..

i really dont like the n93, but each to their own.. the n73 has been great, they both perform well.

:p

im not a normal end user!! you should have them in time for spring.. :D

asphotos said:
i cant really tell you, im proberly not even allowed to mention Im using one as we speak..

i really dont like the n93, but each to their own.. the n73 has been great, they both perform well.

:p

im not a normal end user!! you should have them in time for spring.. :D

haha... I understand :D... I've asked around and it seems like it should be out within this month hopefully :D

Yeah, in Germany as well... The Aussies are maybe 4 months behind or something... ;-)

Hmm well I've got an N91 now and am waiting for an N80

Very happy with it thus far!

http://img244.imageshack.**/img244/9967/28082006oz7.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.**/img183/7125/28082006002ts6.jpg