Need For Speed 11 - ProStreet

Options > Gameplay > Modes > Grip / etc.

All settings are mode-specific.

Ok, thanks for the info.

I just beat the grip king with the GTR Proto. The GTR Proto kicks ass. :D I used it for the Willow Spring events, it still can't beat the last 2 Sector Races in king mode, so I just said f-it and set the difficulty to casual to beat them. But beating the grip king was easy (in king mode) with the GTR Proto, I beat him by 3-10 secs with it. His E92 M3 sucks anyways, only level 2 power.

http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/5169/nfspsih7.jpg

Note the percentage. :)

What's your speed challenge car? My GTO is not good enough anymore, so I'm looking for a new car. I also tried turning off the TC as you mentioned, even when it's off, the TC light still blinks when I pull out of tight corners, I still feel the power cut. (I'm in King mode when I tried this) So I guess the TC can't be completely turned off in this game.

^Well done :). How long did that take you, and about how long were you playing it each day? Because the developers said that there would be something like 26 hours of gameplay, I just wanted to check.

^Well done :). How long did that take you, and about how long were you playing it each day? Because the developers said that there would be something like 26 hours of gameplay, I just wanted to check.

i finished it in about 3 days as well. Took me like 15 hours or so

my game always shuts down giving the 'Program needs to close' message on a certain event..don't remember the name!

And I need a new PC :cry: It's fun on the G25 wheel.. but throttle is funny in drag races.

Last edited:
What's your speed challenge car? My GTO is not good enough anymore, so I'm looking for a new car. I also tried turning off the TC as you mentioned, even when it's off, the TC light still blinks when I pull out of tight corners, I still feel the power cut. (I'm in King mode when I tried this) So I guess the TC can't be completely turned off in this game.
I beat the game with a fully tuned version of the Skyline you can choose for free via a Showdown.

My current speed challenge car though is a Porsche 911 GT2. I love it and it's fucking fast.

Alright, I'll try the GT2. Thank.

I just beat the Drag King and Grip King......man that was pathetic...I slaughtered them. Took the Grip king like 35s in the grip race, 14s in the time challenge and dominated the sector shootout, no match. The drag king was like making a wheelie for 120m (I did 408), 1/4 mile in 8.2s (I did 7.07) and 1/2 mile in 21s (I did like 18s)....no match at all.....I currently drive a LP640, a Z06 for drag, a won speed challenge viper and still the GTO for drift :)

Did you notice it says "Drag Queen" on the side of the Mustang?? Or am I just imagining it? :)

and yes, even with everything off and King mode the TC still kicks in.......annoying

Last edited by a moderator:
The GT2 works well for the speed challenges, but I need to total it 3-5 times each race before I can finish once, the physics is so fucking fake, I hit the smallest thing the car flies up 10 meters in the air, roll a few thems and gets totalled. So I just said fuck it and set the difficulty to casual now for the speed challenge.

I run Racer with no assists. :?

I have the same problem with the Zonda though. It turned too well or something.

I have this weird issue that my LP640 sometimes flips over without a reason while sliding on tarmac.....

try raising the car and softening the suspension, since it sounds like you're bottoming out your suspension..

nah it doesn?t bottom out, I checked that :) It slides through a corner and suddenly just does a complete 180? flip without warning......happened on one track only...

I noticed something strange... After winning the grip king I took the M3 I won and tuned it up to replace my 350z but either it's very perculiar to drive or it has some strange car-specific control lag... The 350z is very nice to drive, with good steering response and handling but the M3 just seems to react to steering input about half a second later than any other car I've driven so far. Makes the car useless... :(

Other than that, I quite like ProStreet... It looks good (though absolutely hogs power), sounds reasonably good (love the announcer) and the feel is great. Not a hardcore sim, but feels real enough for me. 245mph in the speed challenges is a seriously scary experience, especially in the desert roads where at least I have sometimes hard time seeing the road and the telegraph poles being two inches from the road.

One downside is the difficulty. I didn't check how far I am, propably a tad under 50%, but still I've had only a pair of races where I didn't stand a chance, with 350z against a 911 Turbo on the way towards grip king challenge. Apart from the races have been very easy as long as you don't total the car. Hopefully it'll pick up later...

The announcer is fun for a while, but really starts getting annoying when Drag racing (always the same annoying "I love the smell of burned rubber" commentary)

Try all minimum settings at like 800x600. I doubt you'll be able to play at much better than that. I have to run low/medium at 1024 with my 6800 GT.
I'm pretty sure that's what I had. I might try again with newer video drivers, bu I'm not too optimistic...

nah it doesn?t bottom out, I checked that :) It slides through a corner and suddenly just does a complete 180? flip without warning......happened on one track only...

its called gay NFS physics. happened to me as well, my LP640 think it's a boeing 747 at 403kph, give it any sort of ramp and it will take off.

Yep, same thing with the GT2 in the speed challenges. If there's the slight imperfection on the road, the car will bounces and flip. The physics is so freaking bad.