Need For Speed: Carbon

You ALREADY had the full game?:blink:

Yeah, it "came out" a couple days ago. ;)

alldonemap.png

My fully tuned baby:

murc.png

And two cars I wish I could own in career mode:

camaro.png

ccxfront.png

ccxback.png

It's a bloody good game, not pertically hard nor long but it is fast and fun. Maybe we should start a Carbon NFS Carbage. You should see my 300c.

It's a bloody good game, not pertically hard nor long but it is fast and fun. Maybe we should start a Carbon NFS Carbage. You should see my 300c.

PICS PICS PICS PICS

I really don't like it.

The graphics are nicer then Vipers picks show, but on my machine I have actually turned down some of the visual settings because there are so much reflection and lighting effects that all the cars look like they are made of polished aluminum thrown in with the crazy blurring and "speed" effects.

I have been playing it for a couple of hours over the last couple of days and am sick of it already. It is basically the Underground games, but with some influence from Tokyo Drift thrown in.

There is little incentive to get better cars, as the other racers can pretty much always keep up with you, which just makes the progression through the game slow and repetitive. All the races are pretty much the same and I usually find myself playing the challenge mode more then the career mode.

All in all I am very disappointed with this game, am at 25% completion or so and am considering uninstalling it and going back to Sid Meier's Railroads. It has been many years since I have played a NFS game that I have actually enjoyed and felt compelled to play through.

Although I hate the new NFS games with all the tunning... I still really want to drive that R8

Looks really awful, dont know if its the compression but damn that looks crap.

No compression, they're PNGs. If you're talking about the jaggies, that's just because I don't have AA on. It's too big of a performance hit.

The graphics are nicer then Vipers picks show

Uh, I have my video settings maxxed out. I just have AA and motion blur off.

I beat the full game already. :|
I have to agree the game doesnt seem to be very long. I played for about 4-5 hours and I've already done some races in the final district now.
I had to let the old Charger go for a DB9, slight difference in handling ;)

I use a SL65 since it was available and it never let me down ^^

I used the won Aston just as I got it until the final boss when I bought a CGT. :)

I have the full game and I have to say... This is the worst piece of crap I have ever played!
Looks like shit, runs like shit and cars don't handle like... Cars? As if I'm driving a boat or something. Really poor.
In addition to the poor modifications. For example, Emmanuelle Vaugier's 'modified' Ford GT shows how people think of ruining such an amazing supercar as something cool!

Only those who've played the game will know what I'm talking about...
Do yourself a favor and get GTR2 or if you don't like sims, wait for the PC version ofTest Drive Unlimited.

runs like shit
Get a better PC. Runs just fine here. ;)

As for handling and such, this isn't LFS. It's an arcade game. I'm not saying this is the best racing game in the world (very far from it), but it drives me nuts when you guys say "OMGZ IT'S NOT REALISTIC!!!11". So what? It's a game.

My question is... should I get Carbon or Most Wanted for PS2. I played Most Wanted before, and I liked the game alot.

Yeah, I was wondering if you guys think this is better than Most Wanted? I think MW is good as an arcade game.

i Disagree I think MW was more of a challange but Carbon is a better game. When you play one there are eliments of olaying the other they are from the same family but there is enough of a difference to feel like it is a different game.

Carbon is Most Wanted 2. It's all the good stuff of MW but with even more goodies.

Carbon is Most Wanted 2. It's all the good stuff of MW but with even more goodies.

Hmmmm......Viper I think I agree with you on about 80% of that post. The police chases in Carbon are rubbish there are no way as intence as in MW and drag courses would have been nice.

when do i actually get the stage 3 cars? I unlock stuff for them all the time, but can?t buy them....I?m in the final territory right no...

//edit:
got myself a CGT but now it?s getting annoying....my territory is under attack in one of those racewars 8 minute races and my tuned CGT can?t keep up with a corvette....yeah, right....

//edit:

completed carreer and challenge mode, took me ~8h...... my cars were: brera, sl65, cgt :D

Last edited by a moderator: