Need For Speed: Carbon

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
The 10th installment in the Need for Speed series, Need for Speed Carbon.

The demo is out at 650MB.

Mirror Links | Softpedia Link

Features

* AutoSculpt? technology that allows you to literally morph and sculpt your car.
* 50+ fully customizable cars
* Three distinctly different car classes
* Crew racing experience
* Night time racing
* Enhanced police experience
* Jam-packed online experience
* Brand new PhotoShoot mode
* Brand new offline and online race modes

from nfsunlimited.com

All the links are slow as fuck right now. I'd wait to download it.

Torrent link posted. :D

Hey great shout! I am looking to but this game for the PC, so i'll hopefully find this useful. cheers

This crap has been on the XBox Live Marketplace for a few weeks already. I won't touch it because NFS is dead to me (after the shit they called Underground/2/Most Wanted).

This crap has been on the XBox Live Marketplace for a few weeks already.

Yeah, I heard it was out at least a couple of weeks ago but didn't get it as I read that the demo was very poor, laggy and buggy, so I didn't waste my download.

Just beat the demo. I'll be buying it (fun game, especially canyon mode!) even though drifting is a joke.

Sculpting mode is also incredibly cool. You make you own parts. For example, the wheels. You pick the number of spokes, width, twist, etc. etc. :cool:

The 10th installment in the Need for Speed series, Need for Speed Carbon.

The demo is out at 650MB.

Mirror Links | Softpedia Link | Fast Torrent!

Features

* AutoSculpt? technology that allows you to literally morph and sculpt your car.
* 50+ fully customizable cars
* Three distinctly different car classes
* Crew racing experience
* Night time racing
* Enhanced police experience
* Jam-packed online experience
* Brand new PhotoShoot mode
* Brand new offline and online race modes

from nfsunlimited.com

thx for link :D

Auto sculpting is good but the game is far to arcadey for my liking.

i hear that its barely different from any other NFS, i'll get it once it ends up in the bargain bin

...even though drifting is a joke.

Just tried the demo for a brief 15 minutes and uninstalled it right after that. Autosculpting is a nice addition but the driving is baaaad...somewhere between Undergrounds 1/2 (mediocre) and Hot Pursuit 2 (which was really REALLY bad). But that drifting...holy mother of horsepower, they have ruined it. It's like random guessing, should I press left or right and then the car just goes...somewhere. At least in the earlier games it was fun and had some logic in it, now it's just hopeless.

So no thanks, I'll stick to the older Undergrounds.

Even the people who worked on this game think it sucks and is nothing but cash grab by EA.

Seriously, my friend quit EA and went to work for Silicon Knights directly after this game was finished. He described it as a "turd on wheels."

nothing but cash grab by EA.

See also: Battlefield 2142

EA are a bunch of money whores. They release crappy games that make tons of money and don't bother properly patching them 'cause they can just make more money by releasing a bazillion content addition packs (see: The Sims).

Yet I still buy their games. I'm hopeless. :(

Funny game......Like it ^^

But the drifting is really......argh.

Not bad but I already uninstalled it. Worse handling than Most Wanted. I'll play it just to see if it is like that from the start or the demo was just this bad.

Just tried the demo for a brief 15 minutes and uninstalled it right after that. Autosculpting is a nice addition but the driving is baaaad...somewhere between Undergrounds 1/2 (mediocre) and Hot Pursuit 2 (which was really REALLY bad). But that drifting...holy mother of horsepower, they have ruined it. It's like random guessing, should I press left or right and then the car just goes...somewhere. At least in the earlier games it was fun and had some logic in it, now it's just hopeless.

So no thanks, I'll stick to the older Undergrounds.

What a load of rubbish, do u really think you can try the game in 15minutes?