Need For Speed: Carbon

What a load of rubbish, do u really think you can try the game in 15minutes?

Yes?

I mean, this is my opinion and I'm titled to make it as fast as I see appropriate. I tried Carbon for 15 minutes and felt it was bad, so I formed my opinion about it. There's no point for me to play it some more, 'cause I already saw how the cars drive. And yes, I tried all three of the cars.

I've played almost every game in the NFS series, and NFS Porsche is one of the best regarding driving experience. Underground 1 & 2 are more on the arcade side but still fun to drive. Hot Pursuit 2 on the other hand was just absolute rubbish, the cars swayed from side to side and it was impossible enjoy the driving...didn't like that one at all. I tried it, saw how bad it was and left it alone. With Carbon, I tried the demo, didn't enjoy the driving, so I'll leave it alone too.

I'll have to agree with Raparperi. 10 minutes of playing is enough to determine that this is a step down after the previous NFS titles. What I liked about the previous titles was the driving feel. It was a very good mix of easy and fast-paced arcade and yet reasonably realistic car response to driver input. That is completely lost here, you never really feel on control of the car. It's terrible.

Graphics are nice, sounds are nice, there are nice cars and the auto sculpting seems a nice feature for customising them, but if the driving itself is not fun it's all a waste of time.

I only played a few seconds and I thought it was rubbish:lol: . But then it was on a PS2.:wink:
I will just save some money till Test Drive Unlimited in available on PC.

It's obviously no LFS or Gran Turismo, but comon, it's still fun. It's an arcade game after all...

Looks good. I'm using the softpedia link but its trying to save a 650mb files, one .exe and one .zip which one do I download?

The ZIP is probably just a ZIP of the EXE. And yes, the demo is 650MB.

I just tried the demo, I immediately disliked it. The game feels so loose and sloppy (in terms of car control). I like precise, put the car exactly where you want it type games. This is totally the opposite. I'll give em the graphics are spectacular, but the game play is just not there. I know its supposed to be arcadey, but its so arcadey its too far fetched. I think I will get the FEAR expansion pack and wait for DIRT and TDU to come out for PC.

Man, EA just cant stop sucking. They cant do anything right. EA titles that have been screwed up in recent memory:

-Madden
-Tiger Woods
-BF2 (holy god)
-BF2142 ($50 mod of BF2 with MORE bugs)

And now this?

You want a good game? Buy Company of Heroes. It is superb beyond words.

Yay, for those who desparetly want it, it has hit the scene, and is out for the public as well...
I guess for the first time I won't mind, really didn't like the demo... Apart from the Pagani there is nothing new anyway... And drifting as others mentioned before is just pointless...

Already beat my first boss in the retail version. :)

anyone started the fullversion..the games ok..i am nfs geek so probably will like it..i have one problem though...the game frequently closes with Program has caused an error.... any solutions to the problem?

I beat the full game already. :|

So did I, and the controls aren't as shitty as in the demo, although drift in the alfa sucks ass. Autosculpt is serious ftw work :)

I had a brera with a 'gokart'-setup.. it was IMPOSSIBLE to drift with. Just aweful. It works in the city tho. ;)