Need For Speed: Carbon

when do i actually get the stage 3 cars? I unlock stuff for them all the time, but can?t buy them....I?m in the final territory right no...

//edit:
got myself a CGT but now it?s getting annoying....my territory is under attack in one of those racewars 8 minute races and my tuned CGT can?t keep up with a corvette....yeah, right....
You just reminded me to swear at that crappy catch-up thingy. Very slow cars will catch up with you no matter how fast your car is... When I installed the game, I chose single player mode and used the Koenigsegg CCX. During the race I was actually slower than some Camaros! Seriously, this is utterly stupid!:blowup:

I know....it doesn?t make sense to race in front of the pack in the first lap for example, they catch up anyway.........

In the old Underground you could disable catch up....

Giggity giggity. :D

lp640.png

ccxorange.png

Sadly you can't own them in career mode or customize them, only race them in quick race. :(

Sadly you can't own them in career mode or customize them, only race them in quick race. :(

That's quite pants. What's the point in going to all the effort of moddeling them only for them to to be available in career? Have EA said why?

That's quite pants. What's the point in going to all the effort of moddeling them only for them to to be available in career? Have EA said why?

My guess is their manufacturers either didn't want people putting body kits on them.

Then again, I also hear you can get a Zonda if you buy the game via EA Downloader and perhaps you can get them in career mode if you do that...

same with the gt3 rs you can only get it when playing online.......I WANT IT :(

http://img297.imageshack.**/img297/4959/gabrx8zg7.jpg

here is my current car :p. i'm only 14% into the game. but i tend to not overdo it when it comes to mods. :p i ended up picking an re-amemiya like blue for the rx8 coincidentally. it just looked pretty good so i stuck with it :)

is there motion blur on the ps2 version? cus my pc cant seem to run it... maybe it requires shader model 3 or i just missed something.

http://img270.imageshack.**/img270/2575/fiesta4al9.jpg

catch-up can be turned off in quick races ETC, but not in career mode.. what a shame. and why oh why we can't drive Camaro concept in career mode?

Great Game, just SHREDDERED my Savegame, I just finished ALL of the challenges except the Racewars, even the pursuit in level 8 was beaten, carreer 100%....."unable to load DFence" Reinstall didn?t work.

F"?$"?$"?$ EA!

I might DL it for my PSP so I don't have to install any more EA poo on my PC :D

I played the game quite a bit last night and its not too bad. Its fun in some modes. Its worth playing through and then uninstalling. I acquired the game by "other" means yet I can play online....how sweet is that? :D

I completed 68% of the career so far and I must say I liked the drifting, specially in the canyons. I know, I know, it's the Initial D fan in me.
But apart from that, I think it's just average, feels like a NFS:MW Touge Expansion Package

(sarcasm)yeah, but instead of easy drifts with RX-8, we get even easier drifts with those huge, nose heavy, gas guzzling V8 dumbestic boats. (/sarcasm)

other than that it's quite nice.. but the supercars don't handle like supercars should. they understeer, never oversteer, which sucks.

Played it for a few hours last night, it's pretty fun so far. But man, the handling and power is so fake. I was in a modded RX-8 and gets passed by a freaking VW GTi. The touge runs are cool, but the Mazda understeers horribly in the canyons, and I already set the suspension to almost full oversteer. What's up with that? I wish GT5 would come up with a career mode like NFS, it's pretty fun, especially if it had more realistic handling.