• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted [8.4/10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
"Out-race your opponents, evade cops and exploit the open world in Need for Speed Most Wanted; street racing doesn't get any better than this," said Larry LaPierre, senior producer, EA Canada. "Players instantly will feel the thrill of the ride as they hit the streets in an open world environment where drivers can tune their cars to compete against any class of vehicles or use their wits to out-fox the law to satisfy their need for speed."

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/needforspeedmostwanted/index.html

Wow I cant wait for this game! All the Germans like Porsche, BMW, Merc are in it and its back to basics with the coppers. If its anything like the previous games in the series, it'll be great.
Anyone remember High-Stakes? That was the best NFS IMO!

This will be released on November 16th on the PS2 and subsiquently there will be an XBOX 360 version..

This will be released on November 16th on the PS2

just in time for holidays :thumbsup:

I hope there are lots of supercars like the classic NFS (Porsche Unleashed was my favorite, I wish they'd do another manufacturer-specific game like for Ferrari or something), but I still shudder at the thought of taking a BMW M3 and showering it in a barrage of neons, spinnaz, fugly bodykits, huge wings, stickers, and fake carbon fiber bits that don't do shit. :unsure:

Porsche one was the best, and the very very 1st once kicked ass as well. But as long as it remains arcade, i doubt i'll spend more than 2weeks with it (as long they release a PC version).

It actually looks like a decent game, except that you won't be able to be the cops except in like the PSP version.

pdanev said:
Porsche one was the best, and the very very 1st once kicked ass as well. But as long as it remains arcade, i doubt i'll spend more than 2weeks with it (as long they release a PC version).

:yes:

Ugh, I fear it won't have the types of cars that were in Hot Pursuit 2. I absolutely hated NFS:Underground :|

Cosworth said:
Hot Pursuit 2 was / still is a top game, looking forward to this !

Hot Pursuit 2 was an absolutely horrid game!! The Undergrounds weren't bad. The best NFS by far is still NFS4 High Stakes/Road Challenge. The best police chases, excellent track variety, excellent range of cars. Porsche was excellent too.

I'm only really looking forward to this game as an Xbox360 title. From the trailers (which could be pre-rendered) it seems that it looks astonishing. I dunno, i'm likely to rent it first.

andyhui01 said:
what?... no PC release?

Naturally there is a PC release as well. (for example http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?prod=513899&nav=4183&navroot=905&page=product
) and it will be out by the end of the month.

And I absolutely hated the Underground as well. The cars were pretty much identical to each other apart from graphics. And naturally spoilers didn't do anything to the handling. And the eternal rain sucked. The graphics sucked. And the city feeled like an endless tunnel (FAAAAAAAR from San Andreas).
I hope this will be at least little bit more realistic than that.

ED: You can rent videogames in USA?

What, ye DONT rent video games in Finland ?

I work for the Irish Blockbuster, "Xtravision" and we rent all the PS2, PSP and Xbox Titles ! Also means I get free games and movies :thumbsup:

@Flyingfridge
I really enjoyed HP2 :cry:

Can't wait for it...

EA has lost me with the introduction of the Underground series.

Am I the only one who thinks that the series is stagnating since 2000 when they released the Porsche one ?

Since then they returned to the original formula with HP2 and dropped it in favour of a dumbed down gameplay with elements of the F&F series. The Hip Hop element they implemented seems rather forced and out of place. What made it worse is that you need to rice your car in order to proceed.

I think I already wrote it in another thread but I say it again. Get off your lazy asses and design a new engine for the game. It certainly looks like it hasn't changed since the first part. Sure, they added modern effects but all NFS titles look alike if you have a closer look at them.

There's so much more you can do these days, why bother with the old tube engine from 1995 (?).

swek said:
EA has lost me with the introduction of the Underground series.

Am I the only one who thinks that the series is stagnating since 2000 when they released the Porsche one ?

Since then they returned to the original formula with HP2 and dropped it in favour of a dumbed down gameplay with elements of the F&F series. The Hip Hop element they implemented seems rather forced and out of place. What made it worse is that you need to rice your car in order to proceed.

I think I already wrote it in another thread but I say it again. Get off your lazy asses and design a new engine for the game. It certainly looks like it hasn't changed since the first part. Sure, they added modern effects but all NFS titles look alike if you have a closer look at them.

There's so much more you can do these days, why bother with the old tube engine from 1995 (?).
I feel ya...
Still, its quite good looking... And entertaining... and the cars in this one will hopefully make up for the ricing...
And I'm soo looking forward to the engine sounds... As far as I remember I have always liked them. And now with the V10s and V12s I'll be in heaven. Hopefully.

Buba

I am not very keen on the free world driving mode. Just drive around looking for shops was sooooo annoying in Underground 2. The drifts were fun but again, unreal. Just gotta wait for this to come out and "acquire" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.