Need For Speed: Shift

Amazing, i am actually speechless, it looks even better than Grid and GT5, not sure about damage and physics, seems a bit off, but still pretty good for NFS.

I had high hopes for this game, but the gameplay looks awful in that trailer. I guess I should never expected a modern NFS game to be any good.

I was hoping that they would kick simbin in the crotch with an excellent sim with stunning graphics.. Well i think I'll reserve judgment until i play it..

It looks really good to me. :dunno:

Personally I wouldn't want to have a full on extreme sim like GTR for my NFS Fix, it might be rewarding and stuff, but possibly very frustrating... All I want are great gfx (check), cockpit view (check), kinda recent and good cars (check), fun (we'll see) and NON-CHEATING OPPONENTS!!!

I think the trailers are artistically over the top and the actual gameplay won't be much like that...

Really crappy driving, but a pretty good look at the game here.

To me it looks like it occupies the space between Forza and Grid, at least in terms of like how fast you can corner and how much you have to brake.

Last edited:
Yeah that looks very good to me. The physics look real enough to not be irritating and it just looks so damn pretty!

I am not impressed.

The driver develeopment system is nothing new, it has already been done in other games.

And I also hate the point system that gives you points for clean corners etc. I bet that will amount to more NOS.

I will pass.

I'm reading that its and outsourced physics engine with more accurate mechanics than GTR2. :dunno:

I never had high hope for this game, but from the video it looks good. The car seems to handle somewhat realistically, you can't take corners at 100mph, and there's some pretty good damage modeling.

I think it looks excellent, promising yes.

But then again Pro Street / UC looked promising also.
Least it's this year however.

I'm reading that its and outsourced physics engine with more accurate mechanics than GTR2. :dunno:

It's developed by a few ppl from the original Simbin crew. But judging from their first effort: M3 challenge, this won't be any good. I do hope I'm wrong though. Simbin needs a good kick in the nuts...

The car looks easier to drive than in M3 Challenge, the handling in that game was appalling.

a Z4 GT car drifting around corners???

Baaaaahahahahahaha. I was actually interested in this game..

Now that I saw that video, what's the point? It looks rubbish.

The chase view screenshake has got to go, or be able to be turned off. Just from watching the M3 video I almost got a headache. Car handling-wise seems a lot like M3 Challenge, but more forgiving.

damage look crap from the incar view driving of the gtr, he just keeps driving o_O
Of course. It isn't a sim, as said before.