Need For Speed: Shift

if it looks anything like the pics above I'll be mildly interested

if the cars handle anything like "regular" NFS, I won't be.

So, because it has racing cars on fictional street tracks it is Grid?

Well yeah!

Tell me another game that has ONLY racing cars on urban tracks and I'll add that one on the list.

2sam4d2.jpg
[/url]

I thought the fire from the exhaust usually came out the exhaust pipes :p

I thought the fire from the exhaust usually came out the exhaust pipes :p

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! :lol:

Hmmmm it seems this NFS won't be that different after all. Good screenshots before release, shitty game after it. :lol:

Maybe I'd put NFS4 on that list. It's just a bigger, more complex NFS3. Other than this, X2 to what you said, good sir.

I never played much NFS4, but from what I remember at the time of release the general consensus was it didn't add/change much compared to previous releases. NFS3 was revolutionary at the time for its custom tracks and cars (and of course the cops mode).

Recent games like Underground/U2 have had decent gameplay, but they pale in comparison to flinging million-dollar exotics down a windy road with cops on your tail (plus the whole import culture just turns me off).

As said before EA always promise to bring out a fresh, new NFS thats better than the medicore one they brought out err....four months ago every four months.

Porsche unleashed was the business.

Brands Hatch is an urban track?

No of course it isn't! But you know EA, 20 different tracks: 18 urban 2 race circuits.

Of course you know I'm exaggerating here, but it looks like it is going to compete directly with Grid (whic is always a good thing! ^^)

I never played much NFS4, but from what I remember at the time of release the general consensus was it didn't add/change much compared to previous releases.
And that was fine, you know? It was pretty Madden-ish of them, but all they did was add a feature or two, pretty up the graphics, and put it on the shelf as a new version.

It wasn't revolutionary, but it didn't shit all over the franchise like Underground did, either.

Grid is the sequel to the Race Pro/TOCA/Austrailan V8's/DTM series so it's basically the same with better graphics.

Race Pro

It's the realistic version of Grid from Simbin, not Codemasters. It's GTR Evo ported to the Xbox 360. It just came out and I must say it's quite good. There's a thread about it down below.

Looks promising. NFS used to be the best.

Race Pro

It's the realistic version of Grid from Simbin, not Codemasters. It's GTR Evo ported to the Xbox 360. It just came out and I must say it's quite good. There's a thread about it down below.

Sorry my bad!! I don't know why but when I wrote this I was thinkng of the Race Driver series, not the Race Pro game.

Yes you are right, there's more than just Grid out there then. I loved the GTR-2 and GTL games on my pc. But what I don't like the Race Pro graphics. Having played with beauties such as PGR4 and GT5P it hurts my eyes when I look at the interiors of the cars in Race Pro. I'm sure the simulation is very good as they did with the RACE series on PC but these interiors just kill me :(

What about Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2? I really enjoyed that game. It had the right tracks, right cars, traffic, and COPS <3

X2!!!

youve always had these choices of different types of racing games:

1) arcade style street racing

2) arcade style track racing

3) realistic track racing

but why are there no realistic street racing games?!!?! theres never been one! ever! something like Test Drive Unlimited, but with realistic (at least mostly) physics would be my dream game pretty much

I always have wondered that. Before I got my car I played the hell out of driving games, and I never found a street-racing sim. Or even half-sim (like Forza). I barely could get a "cockpit" (ie, viewing steering wheel, dash, pedals geaknob etc), let alone a sim-style driving physics engine.

yo dawg u need to get to da mod shop....

God, I hated the "street talk" in NFSU