Need For Speed: The Run

This game looks pretty damn good, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will turn out to be shit.

Need For Speed The Run Demo Dated

Need For Speed The Run Demo Dated
Oct 4, 2011 @ 2:57pm

If you?ve been looking forward to the upcoming release of Need for Speed The Run, you?ll be glad to know that EA recently announced that you?ll be able to get your hands on a demo of the game beginning October 18, 2011. Using the Need for Speed franchise?s signature Autolog feature, gamers will compete to see who will come out on top and who will be left in the dust as they race through the Desert Hills of California and Independence Pass of Colorado.

Here?s an official description of the demo:

In the Need for Speed The Run demo, players will have access to two high-powered supercars including the Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni. The second car, the 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S, will be unlocked when gamers refer a friend to download the demo, giving them one of first opportunities to get behind the wheel of this 400HP luxury ride. The Need for Speed The Run demo will be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network in North America from October 18th to November 1st, and available on the PlayStation Network in Europe from October 19th to November 1st.

Developed by Black Box, Need for Speed The Run will be available November 15, 2011 in North America and November 17, 2011 in Europe for the 360, PS3, PC, Wii and Nintendo 3DS. For more information on Need for Speed, head here.

Wtf is it with developers/publisher these days? People on the PC want to test games before. That's why they can sell us shit, because we can't test it before. Anyway, I'm sure this will be crap with great graphics.

Why don't they just bring this back with updated graphics, more cars, more tracks...

Last time I cared about the Need for Speed series was Hot Pursuit 2, and even then that game was kinda hit and miss but I managed to enjoy it still.

Last edited:
I bet this game wont even be worth downloading for free...

Hmm, while I like the idea of the game, the cross country run, I guess I won't even pirate this unless it gets raving reviews...
Played the demo a bit today and found it rather "meh.."
Too much action, rubber banding opponents (always a game killer for me) and jumps... Dunno...

This game is garbage. Jedd, sorry I had to recommend it to you as I wanted to unlock the Porsche.

Last edited:
Yeah it is pretty shit, but at least the physics are slightly better than HP. I got the 911 without having a friend DL the demo as well...:dunno:

That pretty much sums up the game, lots of explosions and slow motion "awesomeness" but not really any substance when it comes down to it.

This game is garbage. Jedd, sorry I had to recommend it to you as I wanted to unlock the Porsche.
I was wondering why i saw that pop up a few weeks ago. Needless to say i've avoided it anyway. I saw the trailers for it, but i'm usually wary about any game that gets released every year. Especially any that have the brand EA or Activision on it.