• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

need for speed unerground 2 is coming out!

*barf*

It's a shame they wrecked the Need for Speed series by putting POS rice rockets into a game under the NFS title.

Well, I for one am excited about the sequel. :roll:

The game may have a high number of ricey vehicles and the physics are quite arcade'ish but it is still extremely fun to play. And the game doesn't *force* you to drive a rice rocket... the car I usually use in the game is an almost entirely stock looking RX7.

I'm quite easily pleased with racing games though - as long as it has an RX7 I'm happy. :p

Hi!

NFS Underground 2 is coming out?
I'm not quite sure what to think about that...

I played and completed the first part....It wasn't bad but I am missing the "old" NFS series and it's style. For example NFS Hot Pursuit, that game was so cool! :)

cya
Oli

Viper007Bond said:
*barf*

It's a shame they wrecked the Need for Speed series by putting POS rice rockets into a game under the NFS title.

i agree 100% man. they should stick to making exotics and leave the3 ricer trend alone. they achieved longevity with the exotics but if they make a game for the current trend then they allienate their hardcore fan base. if i want to drive a ricer game i would buy a civic or acura in GT3 and mod it OR play midnight club.

The Need for Speed series has always been a clusterfuck as far as what type of racing game it is and especially as far as quality is concerned:
NFS 1 - Excellent at the time it was released.
NFS 2 - Better graphics but not as good as 1.
NFS 3 - Hot Pursuit - A bit of a disappointment.
NFS 4 - High Stakes - Not very good.
NFS 5 - Porsche Unleished - Excellent, as good as NFS 1 if not better.
NFS 6 - Hot Pursuit 2 - Complete and utter crap. :evil:
Haven't looked at any after NFS 6 because of the disappointment.

midnight club sucks no offence yo ujsut drive around in circles and shit. undergroudn 2 aint that bad. they gonna have the new Z and stuff. more mods...good fun!

i used to play nfs motorcity online when it was on it?s testing period. i was captain of the finnish club. it was really a lot of fun, until it started lagging, in a major way. And the driving times always got postponed. Well anyway it was a great community, we had very good clubraces with some swedish guys. i did not have a credit card those days, so i couldn?t continue playing when it went for sale and driving was not free anymore. and for testing it and getting plenty of players on the game as an club captain, i did not get any thanks from EA. Last weeks of the game most of the time went in getting parts and giving them to club members, organizing club races and stuff like that. like i said it was one heck of an community. and i do miss it.

Those fuckers added the RX-8 in it.

IT DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE RICED OUT!

poor car :cry:

I'm gonna buy all the copies and burn them :evil:

This has already been covered.....

And to ESPNSTI, NVSIV is considered to be among the best out there. THe orignal NFS is still the king, and IV is close with Porsche Unleashed for second. It depends what you're talking about. I'm a longtime NFS player (I have I-IV and HP2) and that's the general opinion. If you're talking specifically about graphics or physics, etc. then the rankings might differ.

And by the way, I know for a fact that NFS will return (sooner or later) to the original style...that is, driving fast, expensive, exotic cars.

I've played 1-6, and perhaps I'm confusing 4 with 3 in my mind.
The ones that stand out in my mind as good are 1, 5 and to a lesser degree 2.
3 and 4 kind of blur in my mind because I don't think they were all that good.
The one that stands out because it's bad is 6.

I appreciate physics and gameplay more than graphics, that's why 1 and 5 are on the top of my list.
Since I haven't played 3 or 4 in 3, 4 years or so, I can't remember that much what I didn't like.

As far as i m concerned NFS is the best car racing game EVER!!! Partially cuz i only play PC games...the best NFS game by farrrrrrr has to be Porsche 2000.....it was the most realistic looking/playing game at that time....and according to me NFS 2 was the second best ever simply cuz of its starting video....i wud start the game just for that video :lol:

as far as Underground is concerned .....its way better than Midnight club (deleted the game after about 3 days of playing) but it gets tooo repititive in the end.....maybe they should come out with Ferrari unleashed or maybe Italians Unleashed.. :D

Speaking of car game series, I wished they hadn't botched the Test Drive series.
Test Drive 3 was so cool, because:

- You could drive anywhere: you wouldn't immediately run into an invisible wall as soon as you went off road. You could drive in fields and such.
- You had REAL shortcuts (not the 100 foot variety, but more like a mile or so).
- You could choose different routes.

I still hope one day they'll come out with a car game similar to MS flight simulator: drive on any road in the world.
Can you imagine, a mission in the game could be to race from LA to New York, and you can choose whatever road you want. :) .
I'd love to see a game like that, and I wouldn't care what the graphics would look like.

^^I agree with the Test Drive thing, that was actually a neat game. The irony here is that NFS:UG2 IS going to be free roaming!! Check out this news article from www.nfsg.net:

EA said:
EA TO OWN THE STREETS THIS FALL WITH NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2

Sequel to Best-Selling Racing Game of 2003 Offers Massive, Free-roaming Game World

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.?April 23, 2004 ? Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:
ERTS) today announced the development of Need For Speed? Underground 2
under the EA GAMES? brand. Need for Speed Underground 2 is the sequel
to Need for Speed Underground, which has sold more than five million copies
worldwide since its release in November 2003.

Need for Speed Underground 2 will challenge gamers to immerse themselves in
the tuner culture, exploring an expansive, free-roaming city divided into five
distinct neighborhoods. Gamers will encounter rival racers who will initiate
events, tip players off to the hottest racing spots, and show them where to
buy the most sought-after licensed aftermarket upgrades.

The game will feature new game modes, deep new performance customization and
tuning, and more than 30 licensed cars. The game also delivers twice the visual
customization upgrades as the original game, providing a staggering 70 billion
possible car combinations for total automotive self-expression.

Need for Speed Underground 2 is currently under development by EA Canada and
is scheduled for release in fall 2004 for the PlayStation?2 computer entertainment
system, Xbox? video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube?,
PC, and Game Boy? Advance. This game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

At least they are looking into free-roaming with NFS!! Just imagin a race you could do, like ESPNSTI said, from New York to LA, or Rome to Madrid (is that far?? :mrgreen:), racing Carerra GTs, Murcielagos, Zondas, Enzos, Konigseggs, the list goes on. THAT would be awesome!!

Free roaming within a city is nothing new, Midtown Madness did that, but it was certainly a step in the right direction.
Is NFS:UG one of those monthly fee online only type of games?
Don't get me wrong, I like online games, but I don't want to pay for it every month.

i hope they develop the interior of the car more. so u cna see the dials and stuff on the inside that always impresses me. also rx-8 looks better when it's modd. have u seen the mazdaspeed kit for it and other japanese brand kits it looks so much better

jasonchiu said:
i hope they develop the interior of the car more. so u cna see the dials and stuff on the inside that always impresses me. also rx-8 looks better when it's modd. have u seen the mazdaspeed kit for it and other japanese brand kits it looks so much better

i think they killed the interior cam shot with the porsche 2000....cuz i dont get it in NFS: UG fo sure.....another irritating thing is the game locks out graphics options automatically according to ur video card...thats just plain snobbish to me

jasonchiu said:

I don't agree.. I like it better stock with clear corners, fender strakes and the euro lip spoiler.

All the bodykits on it makes it look bigger and more agressive but it doesn't look smooth and nice anymore.