Need help finding a song...some vagueness

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I heard a song the other day at work. It was loud in the area, so I don't have much to go on sadly. Here are the characteristics though, maybe somebody will know?

It had a very Ennio Morricone (spaghetti western) style whistling during the main bridge or chorus
It was being played on a sort of indie-rock channel (I think we have a satellite radio) so it is probably somewhat indie
It was a single voice the rest of the song, a womans voice.

I really liked the song but couldn't make out any lyrics, which is typically my easy way of identifying a song. So again. Indie, western-whistling, womans voice. Any input would be great!

And no, it wasn't "Young Folks" :lol:

edit: The whistling sounded somewhat like the whistling in this:

Last edited:
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home

[video=youtube;rjFaenf1T-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y[/video]

No, it's definitely not Edward Sharpe. Not nearly that level of intensity.

You said it was a woman and there's not as much whistling as I think you mean, but I'll put this here anyway just in case:

Whistling is more toward the end, but still during the chorus.

Last edited:
OMFG I FOUND IT!! And the song is gay as hell! :lol:

Now, if anybody could tell me what the whistling is from, I'd give you some imaginary rep!

Last edited:
OMFG I FOUND IT!! And the song is gay as hell! :lol:

Now, if anybody could tell me what the whistling is from, I'd give you some imaginary rep!

?Originally, Steve Caton, who played mandolins and guitars on the record, came up with this little line on the mandolin, and that was the ?Ding ding-a ding ding? with the strumming to it [in the beginning of the song]. Everybody really liked that. And even in the mix studio, I was screaming at the top of my lungs that it had to be a whistle. I want the cowboys coming over the hill. Eric was laughing his head off, and the mixer, Kevin Killen, said to me, ?This whistle is naff, Tori.? And I said, ?Well, guess what, Kevin. When you make your own song, you can put your own mandolin on it. This is a whistle. Fucking put it in. Put the sample in.? So I got my whistle, and I?m happy as a clam to this day.? [Baltimore Sun - July 1994]

Cornflake Girl. I like that Ghost Riders in the Sky/High Plains Drifter whistling part. Who did that?
?Me. I didn?t whistle, though. We found it in an Apple computer.?

New song I need help finding!

So I heard a song on a video and the language is one I don't recognize at all. I used Shazaam and it turned up a song called "My Love" by Valeria Karter. That song, which is on itunes with a preview, does contain the same lyrics, but it is an electronica remix kind of thing, and I'm hoping to find the original. Any help would be appreciated!