Need Help: First Ever Mentioning Of The Bugatti Veyron

phisch

Car(s)
Mini 1300
I remember one of the very very early Top Gear Episode, where Jeremy goes on about the Bugatti Veyron and said that it was not possible to build a car with 1000 horsepower and that such a thing never will exist... or something like that. :D

Does anybody know which episode that was in?!

Thanks for your help!

During the news of season 5 or 6, although that's as specific as I know.

EDIT: News of 05x03 was the first time they talked about it.. Nothing before that in s05..

Last edited:
Heh, that's when Jeremy called it the Bugatti Very-on. And he said that the car would never exist. Oops! :lol:

Thanks - I'd been wondering whenabouts the first Veyron discussions started too.

There was another mention in the news later, when VW had the power worked out but not the brakes*. Clarkson says to May (I think?) something like "1000 brake horsepower in a car with no brakes? You're testing that one, I don't want anything to do with it." Famous last words...

* From memory: not sure which ep and haven't watched it for ages. If I've cocked the facts up I'm sure someone will correct me. :)

Last edited:
BTW I think in in 05X09 they menion the Bugatti but then James cuts to the Suzuki Swift (sport version or something) that he mentioned earlier ("1000 HP sounds too much. Ah... Suzuki, for example, put only 101 BHP and it work..." or something like that.

One of the earlier Veyron concepts appeared in the video montage for series 2 -- the 18/3 Chiron.
That episode aired May 2003. Which is weird because a preproduction 16/4 Veyron had already been publicly shown in 2001, and another prototype was unveiled in Monaco during the airing of series 2. Maybe it was mentioned in one of the "missing" news segments.