Need help from europeans with a VW part

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
A buddy of mine is looking to get a part for his Mk1 Golf Cabrio - mfa instrument cluster and cannot source it in the US. He tried the eBay route but wasn't allowed to buy because his account is too new.

Not to commit anyone to anything, but there are some US Finalgearians in Germany this week... Maybe one or more of the German members could help locating one and an American could bring it back to keep costs down?

Providing a part number or sample pic and details would probably help, since I don't think there is just one..?
Exactly. I can definitly source the part and send it out as well, not a problem. Got access to b2b parts sales as well as a junkyard, but I really need
-Pic
-Part #
-Model year

Among the problems are:
-Possible US-spec dash parts (speedo/odo)
-The Mk1 Golf, from MY 84 or so on, being a weird mixture of Mk1 and Mk2 interior its

"Part# I don't know and model year late 80s early 90s. Has to be square faced and have the mfa lcd"
vw.JPG

The speedometer in miles could be a problem. Source it in the UK perhaps?

And what about that eBay thing? Did your friend find one there?

He did but because of his account being new he couldn't buy it and it is no longer for sale there. I did offer to use mine if he wanted to.