Need help, looking to buy a camcorder

Bad Bowtie

I'm starting look at camcorders, which will mostly be used for the making of racing/car cruise videos, but I have plenty of other uses for it too . Don't know much about what I'm looking at/for, so I thought I'd ask. Really just want something that'll look good at night (not asking for perfection since lowlight is tough) and picks up sound really well. I don't know much about camcorders and whatnot, so I don't know what all features I'd even like to have. No idea what brands are good and what aren't either.

I'd like to spend around $200, but I can go north and spend ~$300ish for the right one, maybe like $325-350 absolute max. Not looking to spend a ton since it's just a hobby within a hobby, so I know that what price range won't get me top of the line but from what I've seen it'll get me something decent.

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

edit: this is about the quality I'm looking for...I asked him what camera he uses, but it's an older one and I don't really want to buy used.

Last edited:
My vote goes to either a GoPro or a regular point-and-shoot camera. I don't see the purpose of camcorders anymore when even phones can shoot 1080p video.

Already own a GoPro, looking for something I can lug around for in car stuff and record lots of shit with, phone doesn't have some of the stuff I'd like (big zoom and such).