Need Help with Audacity.

watisdis

Coppin' a feel
Ok I'm not too familiar with Audacity seeing that I just got it a couple weeks ago, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to make Audacity play a track/s while at the same time recording another simultaneously. Is this even possible with Audacity or am I going to have to upgrade to something else? Thanks in advance!

Yes: import the track you want to mix in, place the cursor where you want to start recording, and then record. It will record to a new track and they'll be mixed when you play it back.

Yes: import the track you want to mix in, place the cursor where you want to start recording, and then record. It will record to a new track and they'll be mixed when you play it back.

Hmm, maybe I should explain better. I actually want to hear the track that's playing while at the same time recording a new one. I'm actually trying to track my guitar with previously recorded material and hearing the rythm/music track is very important, otherwise I'm shooting in the dark so to speak.

Go into Audacity's preferences, and under the "Audio I/O" tab, check the box that says "Play other tracks while recording new one".