Need help with before getting a new laptop

Carsightings

So as most of you know i am going to america in a few weeks. While I am there I want to get myself a new laptop.

The things it must have:
- 1 Gb of RAM
- 80 Gb hard drive or more
- 15.4 inch screen or more
- at least 2 hours of use on each charge
- it must look good
- as for graphics about 256 mb i think
- DVD burner

a few thing i would like to have but its ok if the computer doesnt have them:
- memory card adaptor
- built in web cam
- built in finger print scanner

my buget is around 1000-1400 U.S dollars.

However I must get it in Boston since i need it for the rest of my trip. I can get it in a shop or i can order it ona website.

So what do you think is best?

ohh. One last thing. It must be from a well known company. I dont want some company no one ever heard of.

jensked said:
Does this mean you will be able to correct all those links on your website? Land Rover -> Lincoln etc

And why do you need a fingerprint scanner? To protect your database of stolen pictures? :p
same old smart ass :lol:

nah, I just need it because i saw it on a friends laptop and its really cool!

^^^ that would be a good one as long as it has nVidia or ATI graphics. I didn't see it in the description......

I wouldn't bother too much about RAM, it's fairly cheap to buy on ebay although with your other specs you'll struggle to get one without 1gb.

Carsightings said:
is it the best laptop 1400$ can buy?

No, probably not, but you would most likely have to order the best one you can get for $1400.

Yeah, if the video is nVidia or ATI, but if it's just the average Intel integrated or similiar to that, I wouldn't buy it.

jeffy777 said:
Yeah, if the video is nVidia or ATI, but if it's just the average Intel integrated or similiar to that, I wouldn't buy it.

the amazon description doesnt say what it is. I looked on note book review but i couldnt find it. Do you know of a good site that could help?(not google).

IBM thinkpads are good and have the fingerprint thing, but they may ned upgraded to play newer games, mine can play Toca from 1998 fine but for now thats it

Carsightings said:
i posted a link to that laptop.

dont be a smartass. it goes more indepth then the one you posted, actually look at it and you'll find your answer.

ps:
Carsightings said:
Do you know of a good site that could help?(not google).
What do you have against google? I used it to find the link I posted

hey ive got the VGN-FS and its not too bad (VGN-FS315E)

80GB hdd, 1.6GHz, 15.4 screen, DVD burner and WLAN. but the only thing that lets it down is the graphics. theyre intel shared :(

oh and another catch i shuold say, is that the "L" key came off :x . though that might have been me being too rough with it.

SickGuy said:
hey ive got the VGN-FS and its not too bad (VGN-FS315E)

80GB hdd, 1.6GHz, 15.4 screen, DVD burner and WLAN. but the only thing that lets it down is the graphics. theyre intel shared :(

oh and another catch i shuold say, is that the "L" key came off :x . though that might have been me being too rough with it.
how bad are the grahics?

if you want to play need for speed most wanted, you're not going to be able to get a sleek laptop. The sleekest laptop that will be able to play something like that will be the Evesham Quest Nemesis:

it_portal_pic_50231.jpg

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/88738/evesham-quest-nemesis.html

This has 7900GS SLI cards and is a great gaming machine. Otherwise, you're going to either have to lose the style factor or the gaming factor imo