Need help with choosing a new car

Sell Toyota, spend proceeds on shipping plus $10,000 on a Miata = WIN!

Except for the fact that I can't fit in a Miata right now, and I would still need something for the winter. I wouldn't dream of subjecting a Miata to a salted New England road.

moving-pods.jpg

Could this be cheaper than selling your current car and buying a new one? Or, it would at least let you ignore the need to get something big. So you could get a Miata, obviously.

The one major drawback to a PODS is that I don't have a driveway. Also, I really don't have that much stuff. And I like big cars.

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of the looks either - though the current one looks pretty decent in white, which is why mine is a white one - but there are other reasons to drive a car. It's really quite practical, and much better to drive than you'd expect - or I expected, I didn't think I was going to buy one until I test drove it. The only problems I have with it is the really awful centre stack trim - same plastic is on my TV, the silver likes to wear off if you look at it funny - and Toyota's whole "we forget how to make accelerators properly" thing, which is more annoying than a serious issue.
I have ridden in a Matrix a couple times and the center console was the worst part of the interior. The outside just didn't appeal at all. But the ride wasn't bad. There are a lot of 4 dr hatches that don't appeal to me on looks (Caliber is another). But do know the usefulness of them, I had a Versa, the looks weren't horrible to me, but weren't great either. Granted that was the first (and probably last) FWD car I've owned.

Bah, Miatas are practically disposable, so no worries about rust; once it rusts through, just find another one, there's plenty of fair-weather roadsters to pick from even around here.

Yeah, a huge SUV is fun to drive because it's fast in a straight line...:rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't be pushing it too hard in the corners while I'm hauling all my personal belongings, some of good value. Hence why I told him to ship it all and buy what he really wants. He did mention some SUVs though, so it's a legitimate response. Fun is also subjective to each person's beliefs, what is fun for one may not be for another. But you already knew that ;)

Last edited:
Subaru Forester?

Subaru Forester?
I thought about one of those, but unfortunately I'm not a flannel-wearing lesbian.:p

Seriously. though, Subarus are on the list - if I can find a low mileage one. And finding a turbo Forester - in my price range, of course - would be like hitting the metaphorical jackpot.