Need help with Post-processing :)

It's black. Although paint is not in the best shape, but it still looks more black than grey :)

Thanks for the tips, I wasn't paying that much attention to reflections/background before, will try to do it from now.

as mentioned.. the lighting is just really bad for this shot. It would have been better to have shot from the left side as you would have seen less reflections and shadows. Obviously composition plays a part here too. The background and the placement of the car in the photo (center of the shot) doesn't help much. As you have seen.. cropping made a big difference.

The last couple images that were posted were pretty good. I'm not a big fan of obvious photoshopping myself. Here's something I did that was just some very minor levels adjustment, sharpening, and cropping. Border helps when posting on the web to help separate the image from the busy page as well.

http://www.shellfront.org/rootrider/gallery/random-cars/DSC_0434.jpg

good luck and keep shooting!

Quick test:

test0434.jpg

i agree with hansvonaxion... I think if the car wasn't THAT sharp.. then this pic is better than previous posted edits. I will also give this a try.

http://img327.imageshack.**/img327/4842/axlxaedited3ip.jpg

Oops i may have overdone it a bit.

Squence of events:
new gradient layer -> black - white - green. Opacity about 20% - 0% - 10%
Change this layer to color burn? i forgot exactly what i did here, it could've been multiply.

This part i failed: I messed with trying to make the car become more.... alert... i mean i wanted to bring the attention to the car but i haven't figured out how to selectively adjust this. Maybe someone can offer advice.

Then i resized/saved. I have nik color tools but id ont use it at all because i dont understand it.

Yea i wanted it like that... cause trees are green dude. not black.

Dude, trees are black or white in the winter :lol:
They don't generally glow green around here.. might be different in California though :p

lol trees we have in california are always green. Sometimes they are brown but very very rarely.

This just shows you how people look at a simular photo differently and how tastes differ.

Its hard to please everyone :p

wise words from a wise man