Need notebook buying advice.

Xeonidas

Since its the beginning of a new school year I'm in the need of a new notebook and I can't decide what to buy.
It should have 13-14" antiglare screen, usb 3.0, a decent graphics card that could play games on market right now, and the price should stay under 900?.
I have been thinking about asus N45SF and Sony Vaio SB-series, but I'm not sure about them.
Any help is highly appriciated.

Last edited:
Maybe wait for the ASUS U46SV? They're refreshing the U series with Sandy Bridge processors and for the price it's kinda hard to beat. Also has an updated graphics card, the GT540m. It's not that great but it should be better than the 310m in the current UXX lineup. I know nothing of the Vaios, but they always tend to be overpriced anyways.

I second the ASUS, would stay away from Sony as they tend to be on a more expensive side and don't have the greatest reliability rep.

Antiglare screen = business laptop in most cases, your latitudes, elitebooks, thinkpads, etc. Dunno how powerful the discrete graphics options in those are though.

Antiglare screen = business laptop in most cases, your latitudes, elitebooks, thinkpads, etc. Dunno how powerful the discrete graphics options in those are though.
Usually terrible, that was one driving force behind me going the Apple route, the other machines with the same capacity for abuse were all business and they usually just run the Intel GPUs. They are not bad GPUs by any means but for games a little lacking....

Lenovo is putting these out, the video is same as I got in my current machine which handles SC2 on Ultra settings. No clue what the pricing will be but worth checking out IMO.

In general if you are not in too much of a rush to get one wait a month or so everyone is putting out these Ultrabooks.

Last edited: