Need some ideas for a presentation on photography

Shadowness

Car(s)
Caged Clio 182 Track Car
For my second job interview I am required to give a 20min presentation on 'a technical subject of my choice'.
The obvious initial thought I had was to do something related to photography, as it's a subject I know a lot about and would feel confident giving a presentation about.

My question is, does anyone have any good ideas on what to do specifically? I don't want to do a talk on 'photography', as that's a very broad subject and could include anything. I thought something more specific such as 'Photography - understanding and controlling exposure'. Then I could talk about apertures and shutter speeds, isos etc.

I should add that the point of the presentation is mainly to focus on my presentation skills etc, and it's not too important on what I talk about (within reason!) (Thats what my impression is anyway, and of course I havent been specifically told that!!)

My mate did a brilliant presentation when he presented a series of what seemed impossibly 'technical' questions to answer and listed several options as possible answers. He then asked the audience which they would pick, he would omit the technically correct one and as the last option he would have an answer of "Call for Bob" (his name was Bob obviously) and the last slide was what he did to solve the problems mentioned and how he overcame each of the seemingly impossible challenges. (It was to do with introduction of variable rate charging against an amortized mortgage loan and still be within the law - but who cares!)

eg Slide 1 - the loan rates need to be raised but we run regulated amortized mortgages so how do we do that?

1. Buy in expensive computer package
2. Get a Chartered Accountant and build a new computer syetem
3. ....
4. ....
5. Call for Bob

He would then explain how he started to tackle the problem.

Slide 2 - challenge 1 how do we overcome . ... etc.

5. Call for Bob

etc.

You may like to try something like that perhaps?

As a suggestion, how about getting good results for drift photography - you've got loads to talk about there and you can show off your pics too.

Good luck by the way.

Last edited:
lol, cheers.
I'll probably give the drift talk a miss as I dont think it would be perceived as very 'professional'.

As its a 'technical' talk, I would defo want to do it on something relating to how a camera works or something similar.
Thanks for the comment though :)

I would go for something that you can illustrate at the end then like same/similar pic on different stops or something, people like 'rounded' stuff.

As I said good luck - do not worry about it too much no one has ever died (OK I mean literally) as a result of a presentation.

LOL yeh, but it's a job I REALLY want. It's at my Uncle's company, and basically involves travelling all over the world setting up their equipment and giving training (hence the presentation skills)

They make forensic science equipment, so if I wanted to do something completely relevant to that I would do it on fluorescence, or something similar. But that's a bit harder lol! Although I do have the slight advantage that I work there at the moment, and Im the bosses nephew and the directors son! Oh well!!