• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Nero 7

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
If you guys didn't know, Nero 7 is out (and has probably been so for a while). It has some really kickass software in it like stuff to manage a TV card (time-shifting, recording, a menu for managing pics, videos, audio etc from your TV, etc.) It's making me want a TV tuner now. :(

But anyway, the point of this post though is that if you wanna get rid of the stupid "Nero Scout" thing in your My Computer, run this (XP only I think):

Code:
regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Source: http://www.hwspirit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137

Oh my God, thank you so much. I have had Nero 7 for a while but couldn't get rid of the Scout icon.

I just installed the BurningROM aspect of the suite since that's all I need and I hate clutter.

In terms of an HTPC program, I've tried them all. I even tried XP Media Center Edition, but I eventually chose the totally free GB-PVR... give it a look, it's fantastic.

Friend of mine uses TV Central, and he really likes it...

So do what I did, just install the burning part of the program.

I know it hurts since you had to buy the entire thing, but still... :D

jensked said:
I did like the burning itself, it was better than in Nero6. It didn't take as much resources.

Nero 6 suits me just fine :D No bugs, and it does everything i need it to do.

TechZ said:
Nero 7 is as buggy as ... Fifth Gear :roll:

I'm staying with v6 for a good long time to come. But thanks for that tip Viper :mrgreen:

Dunno what you're smoking. I've been using Nero 7 for the best part of a month now, and i've had no trouble. I'm with Viper, it's bloody fantastic. You don't need that command to get rid of Scout though, I just told it to piss off when I installed Nero.

I couldn't find the checkbox to get rid of it. :(

Yeah, it didn't seem like an obvious option. Besides, how would you know what Nero Scout is before actually installing Nero 7?