Netflix, Hulu or Amazon

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
So what do you guys and gals use for streaming?

Personally I have hulu plus and netflix but thinking about changing out hulu for amazon. Hulu only seems to have a couple of shows that interest me but I don't really know much about amazon prime or what sort of content/experience people have with it.

I assume it would stream fine, I have no complaints about either hulu or netflix for streaming HD here (on 100mpbs cable),

So far I only use Netflix. I've been thinking about Hulu plus, but it has commercials and most of the same programs as Netflix. Never used Amazon's service before.

Amazon is pretty sweet. The popular shows (like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead) are available the next day after the TV broadcast for about 2 to 3 dollars. I think when a show completes a season (plus a year), that entire season will be free for Prime members. For movies, it's a mixed bag. Some movies have SD and HD rentals for about 4-6 dollars but others you have to purchase the movie which is usually around $15. Last time I've checked you don't need a prime account to rent or buy movies. You roughly get the same amount/quality of movies and TV shows in Prime as to Netflix.

Last edited:
So far I only use Netflix. I've been thinking about Hulu plus, but it has commercials and most of the same programs as Netflix. Never used Amazon's service before.

ad's aren't too bad on hulu plus. some shows don't even have them and the ones that do there are maybe 4-5 a show. As an example, the blacklist had probably 4 ads last night but old show like law and order have none

Only Netflix now that I have cable. I used to watch current shows on Hulu Plus, but that was with someone else's account because I can't justify paying for H+ when the selection is shit and there are commercials.

Only Netflix now that I have cable. I used to watch current shows on Hulu Plus, but that was with someone else's account because I can't justify paying for H+ when the selection is shit and there are commercials.

i figure that a year of hulu+ is less than a box set of a season so it's not too hard to justify for me. Hulu's geoblocking isn't as good as netflix which is a plus but in reality to have decent coverage of shows you need both.

Yeah, it wasn't even my choice to have cable, I was actually just fine with Netflix only, and torrents for Walking Dead and such.

the only show I wish was on hulu is person of interest, I think you might be able to get it if you have a cable package linked to it (which obviously I can't ;) )

I use wiziwig.tv for live sports. Everything else I wait until the next day and grab it from publichd.se. The wife's parents have a netflix account that we use if we're desperate.

I use wiziwig.tv for live sports. Everything else I wait until the next day and grab it from publichd.se. The wife's parents have a netflix account that we use if we're desperate.

although I have fast internet, I do like the instant start of streaming (popular things a day after release typically come in at 8-10mb/s)

Can someone explain why netflix cuts out certain clips from top gear? And also has the music changed in them?

And also has the music changed in them?

Licensing. The BBC pays a flat rate per year to the music industry to use whatever music they want in any of their shows but only when aired on the BBC in the UK.

They have to swap the music out for other things or pay another licensing fee in order to use it elsewhere.

Interesting, what about censoring certain clips by just not showing them? Like the pussy energy drink clip from the USA special, the entire hammond vampire crash episode is gone, the second amphibious car episode news segment where they smoke pipes is gone. Why?

Interesting, what about censoring certain clips by just not showing them? Like the pussy energy drink clip from the USA special, the entire hammond vampire crash episode is gone, the second amphibious car episode news segment where they smoke pipes is gone. Why?

I believe they're just the episodes that were shown on BBC world which had cuts made to them to fit ads in