Netware changing Windows settings

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
There is probably a simple solution to this, but I couldn't find the answer with the mandatory google search. I recently bought a laptop and even more recently I bought a wireless router to be able to kill time on the internet. I notice now that there is no longer a "welcome screen" (Windows XP). The welcome screen has a list of users and icons so logging on/off between users is quick and simple. Instead, I get a box on a black background in which I have to type in my name/password each time to log in. If I try to add users from the control panel, it tells me that "NetWare" changed the settings and that I would have to uninstall it to get it back to normal. What is NetWare exactly? I don't recall downloading it or installing it at all.

Check your networking settings to see what networking client(s) you have installed.

Control Panel > Networking > (list of connections) > check each connections' properties to see what the installed networking clients are.

Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on and off > Use Welcome Screen

Check your networking settings to see what networking client(s) you have installed.

Control Panel > Networking > (list of connections) > check each connections' properties to see what the installed networking clients are.

Ah there we go! See I told you there was a simple solution.:idiot:

Haha, I was right, fatmouse! :tease:

er, never mind, glad you got it fixed bartboy :)