• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Never knew this existed

M5Rangerover

I think when the rotary first developed... they tried putting it in every type of the vehicle so some day it would be as common as the piston engines. They even had rotary buses

27HP :lol: top speed 87mph :lol:

but this is actually pretty interesting... i wonder when the rotary is spinning does it affect the balance of the bike?

andyhui01 said:
I think when the rotary first developed... they tried putting it in every type of the vehicle so some day it would be as common as the piston engines. They even had rotary buses

I had to laugh really hard, because first up I read bushes instead of buses... :lol:

^ :lol: :lol:

Mazda used rotary engines in LeMans aswell, but it is forbidden now, they say a rotary engine is too much like a jet engine... How cool is that?
"My engine is too good for LeMans. Do you want to come with me home and polish some silver?"

:D

Yeah the 787b pwned leMans, too bad they banned Rotors, ah well atleast THEY know what's superior 8)

Renesis said:
Yeah the 787b pwned leMans, too bad they banned Rotors, ah well atleast THEY know what's superior 8)
Le Mans has banned several types of engines. Soon the Audi R8 will be effectively banned, I'm sure. Its dominance is unprecedented.

Daniel said:
Why will the R8 get a ban ? FSI Technology?
They will find some way to ban it. Perhaps by banning engines that inject fuel directly into the combustion chambers (FSI, as you said), but it's only a matter of time. Once again, Ferdinand Pieche's brainchild dominates Le Mans.

Daniel said:
^ :lol: :lol:

Mazda used rotary engines in LeMans aswell, but it is forbidden now, they say a rotary engine is too much like a jet engine... How cool is that?
"My engine is too good for LeMans. Do you want to come with me home and polish some silver?"

:D

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one

Renesis said:
It's not even close to what the Porsche 962 did at Le Mans though... :p

marcos_eirik said:
Renesis said:
Amen. The 962 still holds the record for fastest lap at Le Mans, IIRC...which is amazing.

EDIT: It says Jaguar holds that title, in 1989...I could've sworn 962 had some kind of record...

Dr. Woo said:
marcos_eirik said:
Renesis said:
Amen. The 962 still holds the record for fastest lap at Le Mans, IIRC...which is amazing.

EDIT: It says Jaguar holds that title, in 1989...I could've sworn 962 had some kind of record...
Well, perhaps you are mixing it with the 'Ring...? The record for the ring is 6:11 with Sefan Bellof in a Porsche 956 (Pretty much the same as 962)...

You'll want to watch Victory By Design - Porsche, I believe they show one of those although I believe they called it a 962CR.