New $1M dollar Lamborghini Reventon (pics)

Mark355

As discussed here, the car has been revealed and looks to only share the doors and wing mirrors with the LP640. Every other panel is new and the engine boasts 20 BHP over the LP640. Production is said to be 20 cars, but rumors for more are circulating. You guys think it's worth Veyron money? :-\

More pics here.

Last edited:
Wow. Just, wow. It's epically beautiful.

No, it's not worth the same as a Veyron but it's sure worth more than an LP640.

I'd rather have the Veyron. The design is a little messy and I don't like that wannabe Microsoft Flight Simulator gauge cluster.

That's just a futuristic Murcielago. It's ugly and no where near as good as the Veyron. I would take the Veyron even if it is $0.5 million more. No one would buy this.

It looks like a civilian Batmobile. Not my can of Red Bull, but somebody out there will buy it.

god that is hot. I love the stealth fighter styling

That's just a futuristic Murcielago. It's ugly and no where near as good as the Veyron. I would take the Veyron even if it is $0.5 million more. No one would buy this.

My thoughts exactly. Actually I think I'd rather just have the LP640.

Yeah. The price of admission is somewhere in the clouds.

Edmunds article said:
The rumors of a new super Lambo are true, but the most remarkable aspect of the new Lamborghini Reventon isn't its horsepower or torque, it's the price -- 1 million euros even. That's more than a 300 percent premium over the Murcielago upon which the Reventon is based. Forking over an extra $700,000 gets you about 20 extra horsepower, loads of carbon-fiber trim and some questionable bodywork. So yeah, it's not much of a deal, but with only 20 slated for construction in 2008, the exclusivity of the Reventon is the real draw. "It's the most powerful and expensive Lamborghini ever built," said Stephan Winkelmann, CEO of Lamborghini SpA at the reveal here in Frankfurt. Apparently a phrase like that is enough, as all 20 Reventons have already been sold.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3347

After those stats...

lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-2.jpg

...this really is a better buy...

I love it. It's the first totally insane Lamborghini since Audi took over. Lambos have always been for people who are axe murderers when they aren't working. They are crazy-ass antisocials who eat baby seals garnished with small children. I love the outlandish design and the angular look. It's perfect for what Lambos should be.

Whoops...they forgot to give the designer anything other than a pencil and a ruler :p

And you can still tell that it's based on the Murcielago. It needs to be a lot more different.

you know what that car says.. it says "F YOU!" to people. it looks so mean and badass. like a kid went crazy with a crayon. and i love those rims. i think it looks fantastic!

that thing is scary...in a good way. No way worth the extra price, but good to see Lambo going crazy.

I love it. It's the first totally insane Lamborghini since Audi took over. Lambos have always been for people who are axe murderers when they aren't working. They are crazy-ass antisocials who eat baby seals garnished with small children. I love the outlandish design and the angular look. It's perfect for what Lambos should be.

My thoughts exactly. This is what the normal Murcielago should have looked like.

Again with the Murci?lago?! When I read the thread title I was picturing, you know, a Supercar - Not just a plain, old Murci?lago. Who would pay 1.5 million for this?

:sleeping: wake me when they design a new car.

Well...looks like you were right.

Damn. I was hoping they would have done something that ACTUALLY looked like a jet fighter, and not a Murc with not enough cowbell.

:cry: This could be the first Lamborghini I'm actually not excited about! Hell, I even liked the Jalpa!

Gauges are cool, but that's not worth $1 million. Man, the price people will pay for exclusivity.