New Blog from Andy Wilman on the upcoming series!!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Last edited:
:woot:

I wouldn't worry - James always tends to do the more thoughtful, laid back pieces so less likely to be mentioned in the Blog. We know from various pics and spoilers that Captain Slow is involved in the new series. I also wouldn't worry about him gradually being replaced by the new mystery presenter - I think that's a bit of a blind, like when they introduced Top Gear Dog although I could be wrong. Let's all hope I'm not, eh?

The way he said the new character shot their films sounds like it's a seperate character that doesn't interact with the other 3 presenters so much. Who knows, maybe it's a pure car reviewer that'll be driving Fiestas and Corsas to satisfy the people that complained about a lack of facts. I am still leaning in the direction of everyone else though, that it's a very minor 'comedy' character that wont take much screen time. We'll see, I wouldn't mind either way.

Elsewhere Lord Stig has come out of suspended animation and whacked in his first lap time of the new run. It's for the F430 Scuderia and bugger me, glue down any ornaments on top of your telly.

Excellent. Finally a review of the Scuderia, the by far best Ferrari since the god-almighty F40. Wonder if it really crashed everything else on the board, but I think that it will be as quick as the Enzo, alas 1:19.

The way he said the new character shot their films sounds like it's a seperate character that doesn't interact with the other 3 presenters so much. Who knows, maybe it's a pure car reviewer that'll be driving Fiestas and Corsas to satisfy the people that complained about a lack of facts. I am still leaning in the direction of everyone else though, that it's a very minor 'comedy' character that wont take much screen time. We'll see, I wouldn't mind either way.
Andy himself said
we came up with a new character, a bit like the Stig, but not like the Stig, who hopefully does exciting stuff for everyone's amusement.
in his previous blog. So I think it'll be something like that.

Andy himself said
we came up with a new character, a bit like the Stig, but not like the Stig, who hopefully does exciting stuff for everyone's amusement.
in his previous blog. So I think it'll be something like that.

Sabine!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know Sabine is appearing in the new series anyway, but it would be good to see her in more than one episode (Rubs fronts of thighs Vic Reeves stylee in anticipation!!!)

Excellent. Finally a review of the Scuderia, the by far best Ferrari since the god-almighty F40. Wonder if it really crashed everything else on the board, but I think that it will be as quick as the Enzo, alas 1:19.

I hope they also lap the 911 GT2 to get a comparison.

We know Sabine is appearing in the new series anyway, but it would be good to see her in more than one episode (Rubs fronts of thighs Vic Reeves stylee in anticipation!!!)

Sabine is good at her job, ie driving around the ring. But she squeals, giggles, keeps wiping her hair out ofher eyes and other girly girly things. I like her in small doses, but I think she would become irritating really fast.

Sabine is good at her job, ie driving around the ring. But she squeals, giggles, keeps wiping her hair out ofher eyes and other girly girly things. I like her in small doses, but I think she would become irritating really fast.

agreed

I'm quite anxious about this 'new character'. We've got a new character PLUS Sabine - two new things is two things too much.

I don't know how a "girl" could be irritating by doing too many "girly" things, the ones that try to act like men are the real irritating ones.

Not that i would try to run someones life for them, but there is something comforting on a social level about a gender role.