New Bond Car Confirmed

Kebab gud

The Fiat Panda also makes an appearence.

Hahaha, very true! I can't wait to see what the DBS looks like in the flesh/sheetmetal. Few things make me drool like a new Aston Martin! :mrgreen:

Why give Bond a V6?? :?

Slap in the biggest V12 you can find in the factory and let him go nuts I say. Hey is Pierce still Bond??

In fact...why not the new Aston 4-door...that would be perfect for him and would give the car heaps of publicity if they do the movie before the cars released.

I'd say it's simple marketing. He's already done the Vanquish, they need something different. The DBS will be a more affordable ASton, thus more people are likely to buy them, thus it's better marketing to hype a higher-volume car than a lower-volume Rapide.

Oh, and Brosnan is no longer Bond.

i dont really like the sound of this new bond car or the new bond...

zenkidori said:
Any new 2 door Aston gets me excited, so I'm stoked. But Brosnan was an AWESOME Bond, this guy is the next Bond: http://imdb.com/name/nm0185819/
yea he doesnt look like a bond-type character at all. but he's got to be better than the other candidates (Colin Farrell for example :tvhorror: )

Hey....I just watched Layer Cake, and he was really good in it, I think I could see him as Bond. Check the movie out, you guys would like it....he drives an RS6 I think....

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Why give Bond a V6?? :?

Slap in the biggest V12 you can find in the factory and let him go nuts I say. Hey is Pierce still Bond??

i don't think he is. a while ago there was fuss caus he said he was the only true bond, and since he wasn't the next one, they shouldn't be making another bond movie, sth like that

i saw layer cake, and he's really good in it. i think hes good enough to replace Brosnan.

what im scared about the DBS is that itll be made to fill a gap in the market like the cayman and the V8. you can't put a pathetic v6 in an aston!!! and considering the V8 is much slower than it should be, the DBS will probably be very slow....
i really hope they don't do it....

As it was already said - the dude doesn't really have a "Bond" face - while Brosnan does.

DBS.. Interesting. Though, I think it's just gonna be a hardcore version of the Vantage. Or an in-between. We'll see.

EDIT: There's a post on Autoblog about this - and there's a sketch, which looks a lot like the Vantage to me.

dbs.jpg

Full article here.

V6 for Bond???? That's like pissing in the holy water at church. I hope they at least use dual or quad turbos on the thing. Oh yeah... I also think Clive Owen would have made a great Bond, but he didn't want to become type-cast.

dont forget thet Bond has even had a 4cyl ... (the Lotus esprit..)
the legendary DB5 ... a 6cyl ..
the Toyota 2000GT .. 6cyl
bond has never been abouth the number for cylinders..
its all about looking good and having gadgets!

Kebab gud said:
dont forget thet Bond has even had a 4cyl ... (the Lotus esprit..)
the legendary DB5 ... a 6cyl ..
the Toyota 2000GT .. 6cyl
bond has never been abouth the number for cylinders..
its all about looking good and having gadgets!
I agree.

Besides, the FIRST batch of DBS' had 6-cylinders in line engines (not V6's btw). These were later replaced by V8 engines, if I recall correctly.
I'm really looking forward to this... :)

its true they did have inline6.. but Aston beeing ownd buy ford and using Jag engines are not going to have a inline 6.. if any .. its a V6..
the V8 is calld Aston Martin V8 .. it was a DBS with a V8 but has never officially been calld the DBS V8