New Bond Car Confirmed

Funny thing is the active camo stuff actually exists. the US military has been testing it on airplanes and large ground vehicles since at least the late 80s, there have been quite a few news reports and articles on it. There are also similar systems being developed in Japan. An article I read in jr. high had it being tested on an F16 and it was effectivly invisible up to just short of a mile away, after that you could make out the silouette(kinda like predator).

At least if it is a V6 I won't have to have "the baby Aston" anymore. :p

As for ending the series on Die Another Day, I'm grateful to the high heavens that it wasn't the last Bond film. Madonna and Halle Berry were terrible choices, and all those references to the old Bond films got tiring after a while.

The thing about Die Another Day is that before it, all the stunts were actually physically done for the camera. DAD just introduced reams of CGI stunts - some of it seemed to happen just to show off what CGI can do [hello, surfing on the lid of the ice racer on the tidal wave from the ice break].

Bring back dumping Lotuses into swimming pools, I say. Though the Elise doesn't look particularly submariney...not least because it's a convertible!

The DBS ness looks nice. Best thing is, what with the reams of pre-showing publicity that always accompanies a Bond film, it won't be long before we see more of the DBS.

It should be called

Bond: Health and safety

M- James save me that bomb im strapped to is about to go off
Bond- Hmm I don't know afterall i might get injured in the process, harm the grass that I walk on. Besides that stream i have to swim across looks pretty deep

I spoke to the dealer in Belgium for Aston while doign a test drive and apparently no one in Aston apart from the engineers who made the car and the top level management knew about the car until an in-house release last week when they were sent the email and pictures.

the new bond isn't that great. I would have picked Clive Owen.

According to Tog Gear mag:

"The new DBS, details of which are more secret than the contents of M's diary, but our double agent inside MI5 tells us it's halfway between a DB9 and DBRS9 club racer."

:woot: