New Bugatti Veyron Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, licensed in the village of Wolfenb?ttel, the place where J?germeister is made (VW also runs a plant) That town is as exciting as....lets say a cheese faftory :p

Went there today. Didnt know till 12 midday!
I missed the first and second runs of the veyron, but got there for the third run of Veyron Vs Plane:

TG%20085%20(Medium).jpg

TG%20088%20(Medium).jpg

TG%20107%20(Medium).jpg

TG%20054%20(Medium).jpg

TG%20022%20(Medium).jpg

220 miles in total + 110 pics, Those are the best really. Would of made it for the second run had it not been for wagons and tractors holding me up!

Wonder where they'll be filming next. Id love to see more of them filming!

It would seem that it can out accelerate a jet fighter. NOICE!

so VW only want them to drive in a straight line..... odd. they still not confident in the steering?

if you had watched the last ep of fifth gear or the top gear race with the veyron or o you knew anything about the veyron at all, you'd know it to be completely untrue. i'm sure there'll be a track test as well, not just the 0-200 run. And if tiff can find the button, so can clarkson, so i'm sure we'll see a lot of 1001 hp powerslides on dunsfold or wherever they are currently.

if you had watched the last ep of fifth gear or the top gear race with the veyron or o you knew anything about the veyron at all, you'd know it to be completely untrue. i'm sure there'll be a track test as well, not just the 0-200 run. And if tiff can find the button, so can clarkson, so i'm sure we'll see a lot of 1001 hp powerslides on dunsfold or wherever they are currently.

yeah, I ain't an idiot, it's sort of a slight comment on how the steering and brakes were the last problems they fixed in development.

and I cna't be arsed with fifth gear... it's just plain wrong.

'twas the first ep i watched, only for the veyron review. The Maserati Grantourismo was gorgeous as well, even though the review was boring.

Bugatti won't let Top Gear test it because they can't afford to let it get beaten, which it probably would. Clarkson wouldn't be able to powerslide it either, Tiff was doing little first gear slides and it still looked pretty hairy.

It may be crushingly competent, but its still a dragster.

I'm not quite that sure that they were that happy about him doing it anyway!

EuroFighter is not your average plane. Seen one do a display, awesome:D

EuroFighter is a new one, but hardly a good one. Completely outperformed by F22 & newest Russian planes.

:) I saw a video of an Su-37 that was pretty impressive.
Su-37.jpg

I'm not super enthused - Veyron will shoot ahead off the line - and if the runway's long enough the plane will dominate. Kudos for getting so much money and engineering in one place, but I'd rather see the Veyron best a racecar of some sort or something.

Wow, HE drove it? GG hamster for not losing the passion for speed!

And what's up with his forehead? Was he in a fight with someone? :S

Wow, HE drove it? GG hamster for not losing the passion for speed!

And what's up with his forehead? Was he in a fight with someone? :S

Huh? What are you talking about?:?

Useless. After FG's test of the Veyron I don't know why they bother with that stupid test.

After FG's test I don't know why they wouldn't do their own test. The FG test was boring. Going inside the factory was pretty cool, and Tiff's commentary while going up and down that stretch of road wasn't useless, but the tiny track he putzed around on was terrible. I want to see Jeremy almost crap his pants and the Stig almost crash. That's what the Veyron is about.

"EuroFighter is a new one, but hardly a good one. Completely outperformed by F22 & newest Russian planes."

Are you F@??#ng mad, I've seen the F22 in the flesh (well carbon fibre), and yeh it looks good, but the typhoon is better at what it does. The F22 may be stealthy (apparantly), try telling that to the guys who tracked it with a rapier a few years ago.

And well I'll say nothing about the new russian heap.

But the typhoon will not be outperformed by these 2.

Just my 2p worth.

"EuroFighter is a new one, but hardly a good one. Completely outperformed by F22 & newest Russian planes."

Are you F@??#ng mad, I've seen the F22 in the flesh (well carbon fibre), and yeh it looks good, but the typhoon is better at what it does. The F22 may be stealthy (apparantly), try telling that to the guys who tracked it with a rapier a few years ago.

And well I'll say nothing about the new russian heap.

But the typhoon will not be outperformed by these 2.

Just my 2p worth.
Also, US pilots in F22's got out flown by Indian pilots in F16 sometime last year. I will try to find the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.