• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

New Camaro concept picture

niteriyder

Car(s)
99 FRC VETTE
There will be more pics and video on Monday

So far all we have

162006144750.jpg

How much longer are American car companies going to milk this retro fad?

It's too much first gen. I guess I could live with it. As much as I want to like it....I don't know....Yay that it is back but man I didn't want retro. BS.

I like how it's not as blatantly retro as the Mustang and Challenger, but with just enough cues so that it's instantly recognizeable and the old guys can stop throwing hissy fits. Grille looks like it's made out of a storm drain, though, but otherwise I like it.

Let's hope they'll actually build it. And that they won't neuter it.

if they keep producing cars as sexy as the Mustang and the GT, then I'm happy with it. I just hope that they don't do it with the next Corvette, or something as sexy as that - but i have a feeling they might.

I must admit I like the retro look (if done right), this looks pretty good to me (except for the grille).

Wow, I love it, I really hope that the grimey safety and engineer people don't ruin it.

I'm worried about this... this has the same problem that the Chevy HHR did, namely that there's a Chrysler product which was first on the scene and looks similar in shape, if not details (insert griping from diehards here). Granted, the new Challenger isn't exactly a fixture in the landscape like the PT Cruiser, but the copycat accusations are going to fly nonetheless.

looks pretty good, i hope the production one looks as good.

Wow. I'm the only one that hates it and I'm a die hard F-Body (Camaro/Firebird) fan.

What's with every manufacturer going retro??

the front can use alittle work but its alot better then the newer 90's style. and put up against anything else in Chevy's line up. with the exception of maybe the z06. it is by far the nicest looking car

can the side mirrors be any more thinner? I guess they wanted the wide screen view :p

Mischief007 said:
Wow. I'm the only one that hates it and I'm a die hard F-Body (Camaro/Firebird) fan.

''

you know why? because they suck, they thing they can't make a good design that'll be a classic in some years so they go back and get an old classic, really that won't be a classic.. oo i bought the camaro that look like the old old camaro! I so pissed with lambo and the miura... chevy.. well you can't except much from them these days lol.

It's much better than the first concept, I'll tell you that. However, it's lacking a bit, in my opinion.

Agree with the grille stuff. The grille does look stupid. From the side it looks awesome. The rear looks like it's from another car.. because of the black piece that comes up to hold the exhaust and such.. it makes the rear looks smushed up. The taillights are awesome, but just not for this car. They look out of place...

The interior I like a few things such as the wrap-around color that goes from the dash to the doors. I don't like the lame retro gauge layout. The dash also looks VERY plain and boring elsewhere.

Looks like it'll have the same 6liter engine as the base Corvette, too.
From what is being said.. it looks like they really addressed the problems of the old Camaros. The front/rear overhang has been reduced greatly. That is awesome. It will supposedly have IRS too.

The problem I see, though.. I don't see how T-Tops (removable roof pieces) would look good with the rear side windows being there.. it would look messed up, I think.

Also 2009? Fuck. that's too late, really.

logo said:
Mischief007 said:

''

you know why? because they suck, they thing they can't make a good design that'll be a classic in some years so they go back and get an old classic, really that won't be a classic.. oo i bought the camaro that look like the old old camaro! I so pissed with lambo and the miura... chevy.. well you can't except much from them these days lol.

Thank you. For Lambo to go retro is retarded unless they think retro is cool (Only in North America). Maybe that's why everybody is regurgitating designs from the old days. Just so that the American public can buy something.

I'll just take the 4th gen F-Body with the prone rear end problems. This concept made my decision easier.

Mischief007 said:

Probably for the same reason Hollywood made remakes of really good movies all throughout 2005. They figured the originals were sooooo successful why not see if we can make it happy again.

Makes sense when you think about how much GM (and other American manufacturers) have lost in the last year....they're gonna try anything to boost sales.

The Ford Mustang started it... because the retro design was so successful, other carmakers are trying to take their sales.

They're really late to the ballgame, though

North America lives in the past and that is what will cause the demise of the whole continent.