New car...1984 RX7 GSL-SE

Get driving vids, y0

Edit: And thanks for putting some shoes on for this one.

Last edited:
Painted one of my wheels to see what it would look like...what do you guys think?

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

Took a different approach then what I posted on the previous page. Just sort of a test paint, its not very good up close.

You win one rep! Congratulations, enjoy your rep responsibly!

I agree with Jayhawk. that is very lesbian. :p

Got bored today so I took the RX7 and a Camera/Tripod for a cruise. The sound came through pretty good, and I'm sorry about the camera falling...:lol: The only place I had room to fit it was in the passenger seat/foot well, and it didn't want to stay in place.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bPKiu2R2-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Saving those bugs on the windshield for dinner??

Edit: Not sure if those are ridiculous Texas bugs or birdshit...

So are you saving that birdshit for dinner or what??

Last edited:
Someone spooged on your RX-7. It is an attractive car, but that's a bit much.

Sounds good.

Some bird gone and pooped on your car!

Man I do the same thing, I always talk to myself when people don't use their turn signals, you should see me when other drivers don't use their lights in a thunderstorm or at dawn, I go fucking apeshit. Good driving though, I always keep it down on residential roads, and when you hit the fun/curvy roads I still keep it way under 10/10ths. Responsible speeding is alright.

Two questions for Starfox, I flash my lights or wave at all the RX7s I see but they never do it back, why is that, huh?

Also gonna do a little thread hijack and ask why you decided to wrap the headers, I've heard it can shorten the life of the headers by not allowing proper expansion/contraction as well as insulating to well and heating the metal to an extreme degree? I've only heard these stories from Jeep guys, and they're a bit flaky anyways. . . Sorry Jip Jop.

Last edited:
Also gonna do a little thread hijack and ask why you decided to wrap the headers, I've heard it can shorten the life of the headers by not allowing proper expansion/contraction as well as insulating to well and heating the metal to an extreme degree? I've only heard these stories from Jeep guys, and they're a bit flaky anyways. . . Sorry Jip Jop.

haha, no worries. I've never heard that myself, but the reason you've probably heard it from Jeep guys is because the i6's tend to run really hot and have some cooling issues. So maybe that on top of header wraps is what kills their headers.

^^ Makes quite a bit of sense really.

Well the racing beat header is one sturdy piece of kit. Very thick steel, and its ceramic coated. It may shorten the life, but I'm sure it will be good for at least 10 years. Its no more expensive than a set of tires, so I don't see it any differently. Its immediately apparent the drop in engine bay temps though, and that's what I was after.

And the RX7's not flashing back are probably FC owners...

Last edited:
Dude that is a sweet, sweet ride. I'd totally rock an RX-7. Knowing me though I'd end up breaking it the minute I sat in it. I have a tendency to curse everything around me it seems... but my car is still going strong so far...

One note against wrapping headers is that it does trap moisture in there (from when it expands and contracts) and wrapped headers do rust out a lot faster.

Personally, I would do a JetHot coated header instead of wrapping it.

One note against wrapping headers is that it does trap moisture in there (from when it expands and contracts) and wrapped headers do rust out a lot faster.

Personally, I would do a JetHot coated header instead of wrapping it.

If you run your car often enough, any water trapped should evaporate fairly quickly, especially with high EGT's on a 13b.