New car threads MUST HAVE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, sports fans, is how you do it:

Last edited:
Is there anyway to put a verfied icon or simular on peoples car list? Or would it be too inconvenient?

Some kind of "thumbs up"?

That would work. The problem I see though is people changing their car text. So that would need to be locked. Thus more work for admins, and potential some forum coding.

I mean the side profile car list.

Does this mean I have to have a photo of the Stig lounging on my hood?

Possibly? Or not? Some say The Stig can only stand or sit in a seat... And that you obviously have a fake one in your pic since he's lounging... :p

Lies! The Stig was caught lounging on an inflatable pool mattress... thingy.

So have we given up on this rule or has Quiky just gone soft? I'm seeing threads right and left with no proof.

Use the "Report Post" button

Yeah. Report them.

... I guess that means I'd better make up a proof sheet for my stupid truck.

There is also nothing stopping one from putting a piece of paper on a car in a parking lot and taking a picture.

a bit a late reply, heres the way how proof pics should be done (quoted from another forum), anyways basicly something like that would work over here too. ;)

hondaman said:
From now on, when a car is posted in this thread, immediate proof of ownership (as in the first post) will be required.

For most believable proof, the following format would be best to use:

Username
Car
Website address

Stabbing it through the gearshift would help, as that is more difficult to photoshop.

S6303330.jpg

Providing a reference shot helps, as we can see the car along with the sign.

S6303331.jpg

If you have a floor/console shifter, tear it at the top and tuck it around, like this:

S6303332.jpg

S6303333.jpg

Either one took me 10 or less minutes to do. If you have the time to create a thread, you have the time to do this.

At any time after your thread's creation, a staff member reserves the right to request to see additional proof. Another sign is suitable but you cannot use the same picture again. Proof is expected to be provided promptly.

If for any reason you don't think you can follow these rules, do not post your car here.

Status
Not open for further replies.