New car threads MUST HAVE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I still havent' complied with either of my cars. I do have a few members who can vouch for me though :p

I haven't confirmed the ownership of mine either. Maybe this spring I'll get the bike put back together and shined up and do a photo shoot with Tiff's vehicles.

Honestly, I can't really be arsed to. I figure enough members have seen my vehicles to vouch for me.

I still havent' complied with either of my cars. I do have a few members who can vouch for me though :p
That's because you don't actually have any cars :p

I've posted two cars on here now without proof. But then again old Japanese sedans aren't exactly special. Plus a number of members have seen them IRL.

a bit a late reply, heres the way how proof pics should be done (quoted from another forum), anyways basicly something like that would work over here too. ;)

hehehe. Shame I didnt' see that before i went out in the snow and wrote my screen name on my car for a proof pic...

Merc6301.jpg

Meh, I'm pretty sure I've proved my ownership, but I'll give it a go.

I've updated the car's thread.

Many months later, the rule is now adopted.

I've also realised I haven't done one for the Saab; there's a photo of it with the Kangoo but I never did a proof pic for that either :lol: Although the Kangoo is coming to the Ringmeet.

I'll get one when I'm next anywhere near the car, which will be the 28th or so, but yeah good rule - better to have a set rule rather than just 'proof pic'.

Updated 5/29/2011 for rule change.

If you are posting a new thread about your car, you MUST include a photo showing your forum username. Write it on paper, cardboard, a printout of your profile page, and stick it on the gearshift of your vehicle.

Example(Stolen from Adrian & Argatoga):

If you don't, the topic will be locked until you provide proof. Too many people steal photos and claim they own the vehicle. No proof, no thread.

If you need a reliable image-host, use PhyreFile. We run it, and it works.

I approve of the use of my ANALGEAR picture.

What's to keep me from going to a dealership to take the said photo?

Not that I would but one could go to the dealer take a car out for a test drive go to their house take all kinds of pics including ones with PROOF and then post them. No one on this board would be the wiser.

If any ownership is questioned then it should be handled on a case by case basis.

Not that I would but one could go to the dealer take a car out for a test drive go to their house take all kinds of pics including ones with PROOF and then post them. No one on this board would be the wiser.

If any ownership is questioned then it should be handled on a case by case basis.

If anybody needs that kind of attention, I feel sad for them.

Still doesn't change the fact that proof can be fooled if some one wanted to.

It's sad that we can't take people at their word anymore.

Some cars on here have been so exceptional that we've had someone ask for even further proof. That's usually an obscure detail shot of some kind that you're not likely to find on google. This may also happen if the paper shot is total crap, meaning it's so blurry or under/overexposed that it may as well have been shot in some 20-year-old corolla.

At that point you usually have two options: 1) provide the added proof or 2) make fun of the request. If you choose 2 you'll instantly lose all credibility which kinda defeats the purpose of posting in PYC in the first place.

It is the sad truth that you can't trust anything?or anyone on the internet. No matter how detailed your photographic proof is, it can with good reason be called fake. This goes for serious stuff dealing with real identities as well as posts on finalgear. Therefore you could make the argument that demanding proof is stupid. Well, it is, but it's the way things are done and it has served its purpose which is to weed out the dicks.

It's sad that we can't take people at their word anymore.

I demand a photo of the inside of your airbox with a #3 pencil a the bottom being held by a stuffed squirrel that has your user name written on it's chest!

There's actually a bylaw in the FG user registration rules that says if you can get away with faking ownership of an exotic car, resident callboy RaptorJesus will fly out to your house and give you a blowjob. It's the only reason why we do proof pics in the first place.

Of course someone can fake his way through the proof system if he really wants to, but...

one could go to the dealer take a car out for a test drive go to their house take all kinds of pics including ones with PROOF and then post them.

... that is a lot of effort, enough to scare away the idiots that would just grab some pics off the net and claim they own a Murcielago with a 2JZ swap.

And in the past, before there were any rules about proof, that lead to massive arguments very often. Way better to just have a general rule for that.

It seems that people are forgetting this part of the proof requirement;
..and stick it on the gearshift of your vehicle. Not your window. Not your engine bay. Not your license plate. The shifter.

I can just walk through any random parking garage and slap a piece of paper on it and call it my car-- but the shifter requires you to have the keys to that vehicle.

To address your dealer concern, It would be pretty damn hard to hide the window-stickers, dealer plates, plastic seat covers in general photos. Simple photo that requires minimal effort, and you are arguing about it..

Last edited:
lamborghini-aventador-interior.jpg

as%2Bdbs%2Bin34.jpg

Yes, umm I just recently purchased an Aston Martin Vanquish, and wouldn't you know it, a Lamborghini Aventador...no gear stick so I guess my word will have to do :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.