New Ch9 TopGear Australia making enemies already.

*sigh* way to go winning new fans TGA...I too would have been pissed! That's one of the things I really don't like about Top Gear...how stuff is so staged. Just let it run guys, things are always funnier when they just happen.

Great mismanagement of the brand right there...

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/50...and-brown-out-ewen-page-and-shane-jacobson-in

"Keeping it in-house for the third presenter, Top Gear Australia's other new face is Ewen Page, Editor-in-Chief of the franchise's magazine since its launch in 2008. Where Pizzati will continue to fill the Richard Hammond role and Jacobson takes a swing at his own version of Clarkson, Page is likely to be the show's local James May analogue."

This isn't TGUK and never will be. Well, it's completely ruined now. Series 2 was finally finding it's own feet and Nein completely fuck it up getting rid of the chemistry that seemed to be working quite well.

Fair go guys and not-a-dudes. I'm prepared to give this show a fair viewing, with expectations suspended. ;)

But ... it is back to the Discovery Turbo Max as soon as I hear the word "fang" used! I bought a couple of Top Gear Australia mags and got sick of reading how they fanged this and took that for a fang. :mad:

Realistically though, it is going to be shit isn't it? A continuation of the tried and failed formula of trying to cast local versions of Clarkson et al in a superficial underfunded homage. :(

The people running this one don't understand the concept of being quintessentially Australian. Instead, what they've done is trying to shove the persona or characteristics of something that is quintessentially British ie TGUK. Nein really don't give a shit about anyone else's problems but theirs. But they will have a problem on their hands once they get this project on the screen and not realizing their interpretation is all wrong because no one will be watching it.

Realistically though, it is going to be shit isn't it? (

Probably. But with a nice coconut coating.

I'll say it again, TopGear lives and dies up on the whiteboard months before they put a tape in a camera.

Great stories underproduced will always be better than shite well cooked.

Let's see which way Nine swing.

The tourists were stage-managed during filming and rewarded for their cooperation with cans of beer.

:lol:
Love it.

*sigh* way to go winning new fans TGA...I too would have been pissed!

Chatting with Steve Pizzati after last night's filming gave a different (and down-to-earth) story than the paper's report - and having seen reporters 'shape' stories, I suspect the truth falls somewhere in between.

"Keeping it in-house for the third presenter, Top Gear Australia's other new face is Ewen Page, Editor-in-Chief of the franchise's magazine since its launch in 2008. Where Pizzati will continue to fill the Richard Hammond role and Jacobson takes a swing at his own version of Clarkson, Page is likely to be the show's local James May analogue."
Realistically though, it is going to be shit isn't it? A continuation of the tried and failed formula of trying to cast local versions of Clarkson et al in a superficial underfunded homage. :(

Great thing to see with the new presenters in the studio, and the recorded features, was no wannabe Clarkson/Hammond/May schtick. Of course, time (er, subsequent episodes) will tell, but they seem to have a good dynamic developing. Their 'Stig' still isn't THE Stig though.

I'll still give it a go, but I'm really disappointed that that Warren and James aren't on the show anymore. Series 2 had a nice unique chemistry and I am concerned that it cannot be topped...but I am hoping it will be :)