New chopped top Boxster Spyder

I was wondering when that was going to come. :p

I mean the shape of it. Our bins are plastic. No hot ashes...

I love the Cayman and I'm quite fond of the Boxter, but this...

Take it away. I never want to see it again.

I like it as a spyder, but with the roof on it looks like they just safety pinned some black cloth over it to prevent water from coming in.

good for the sunny days only. and as clarkson says, only if you are good looking.

its funny though that the interior which is open for everyone to see in a convertible is still so bland.

Gorgeous. That Carrera GT styled back end makes it a entirely different car!

Despite how gay Coxsters are, I kinda like this.

I like what they have done to the side vents, its something I think the Boxster and Cayman should have had to begin with and not those fussy slats covering them. I gave porsche the benefit of the doubt about them thinking they know a hell of a lot about aerodynamics than me, but to see this now, those slats are just ugly. For the rest of it...ehh.

When they put a 3.8lt/911 powerplant in one of these "special edition" cars is when I will respect it.

I love Boxsters. I want one, but I think the Spyder is a bit of a botch job. It doesn't look right fitting a bigger back behind the seats. If they're gonna do that, either the entire body needs to be elongated or lowered slightly. Then it'll look closer to the Carrera GT it tries to emulate.

For now, those doors look disproportionally oversized compared to the amount of perceptible cabin space - especially with the fabric hood up. Or it looks a bit compacted. I mean, put these two pictures side-by-side and you might see what I'm on about.

Oh, and I'm still not digging the second generation 987's tail lights.