New Chrysler Sebring Unveiled

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Lets wait for serve judgement until it is actually tested and we have some high resolution photos of it.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
jetsetter said:
Lets wait for serve judgement until it is actually tested and we have some high resolution photos of it.

You actually want high-res pics of that?? In lower-res it might look okay, you know something like 6 x 4 resolution...

TC

aka TomCat
I don't think it's that bad. An improvement over the previous, bland and boring Sebring.

Besides, most new cars are ugly as hell. BMW, Merc, Ferrari, etc. Why shouldn't Chrysler follow suit.

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
And in the end it will most likely sell fairly well.

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
bartboy9891 said:
A VW sourced diesel? seems kinda odd that VW will be sourcing an engine that MB should take care of

I don't follow mercedes small engines, but perhaps benz doesn't have a small one?

They will also be using the previous golf platform to make the new small car, the hornet or some shit likethat.

jetsetter said:
And in the end it will most likely sell fairly well.

Unfortunately. Some reason some people still follow the "Mopar or No car" policy. I just respond with "soon enough it will be no car." In due time it will fail to run, and like many a k-car they will be left to rot, upside down in the front yards of American and Canadian redneck/hillbilly alike.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Here's some more information, because we all can't get enough of this sexy beast.

ch007_005se.jpg

ch007_002se.jpg

ch007_008se.jpg

ch007_012se.jpg

Autoblog.com said:
As mentioned in our previous post, engine choices are a 2.4L four-cylinder (172 hp), a 2.7L V6 (190 hp/190 ft-lbs) and a 3.5L V6 (235 hp/232 ft-lbs). In combination with Chrysler's new six-speed auto, the 3.5L should rival the acceleration of the segment's leaders according to the company.
More info here

sebring_unveil_07.jpg

Those workers don't look too enthusiastic...

Heated AND chilled cup holders, however, now THAT'S neat! Insert stereotypical American joke here!
(Just for the record, I think that's terrific, because warm Sprite IS gross. The Caliber's chilled glovebox that's also avaliable in the Mini is great as well. Still, wouldn't want it in a sports car, but in a rental car like this it makes sense.)

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
BlaRo said:
Heated AND chilled cup holders, however, now THAT'S neat! Insert stereotypical American joke here!

Thats actually not a horrible idea. I wish I had that back in LA, would have kept my pepsi cold spending 3 hours a day in traffic. Not to mention, it's a feature that will actually work, seeing as Mercedes aren't being asked to make it.

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
I saw that.. I'm just speachless. How, just HOW?

That interior is just so grey..

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
fbc said:
jetsetter said:

You actually want high-res pics of that?? In lower-res it might look okay, you know something like 6 x 4 resolution...

I try to remain objective, even if it is just a bit. same shit was said about the new Saturns and they have not even been tested by a magazine yet.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
jetsetter said:
fbc said:
jetsetter said:

I try to remain objective, even if it is just a bit. same shit was said about the new Saturns and they have not even been tested by a magazine yet.

Yes, but we're only talking about it's looks - don't need a magazine test to know how it looks. I, and most others, have only commented on how it looks, not passed judgement on how good a car it is (or otherwise).

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
^ lol, they should have the Nav system in B/W

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
The back looks exactly an Avalon. The engines also look underpowered compared to their competitors.

-duders

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
bartboy9891 said:
A VW sourced diesel? seems kinda odd that VW will be sourcing an engine that MB should take care of
Cost probably, bet its made way down South somewhere - like Mexico or even further than that.

Just wait a cotten pickin minute here, a diesel in a car called a sebring - WTF.

Dr. Woo

Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
amdforever said:
You'll see this appearing in rental car companies, but not in homes of real people who have taste.
QFT.

I don't think it's terrible, but it's not an attractive car by any means.

Hatmouse

Car(s)
'03 Civic Si
And what's sad is, the current car in convertible form isn't bad looking at all from some angles.

review-2005-chrysler-sebring-convertible-20050315064619452.jpg

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
I actually liked the look of the old Sebring. It wasn't by any means an exciting car but it was a good car for everyday.

-duders

Topher

I only seen it once, but is it that convertible the one that Micheal has on The Office? (Us one)