New Chrysler to wear Pentastar

http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/7073/chryslersign2kn9.jpg

But whats this supposed to mean?

What do you mean "what's that supposed to mean"? It's picture of a workman taking down the DC sign, and putting up the brand-new "Chrysler" sign...what's not to get?

Yeah. I'm actually excited by this new ownership. Life time warranty. And now I hear the new 2008 Dodge Viper 600hp will still cost the usual $83k. Not bad at all. It may even undercut the new Corvette SS.

What do you mean "what's that supposed to mean"? It's picture of a workman taking down the DC sign, and putting up the brand-new "Chrysler" sign...what's not to get?

I was just waiting for someone to say it, because I didn't want to, lol.

Oh okay, I didn't really look at the bottom half of the picture. I'm not entirely sure if Cerbrus ownership is such a good idea. For all you know, they may just take what they need and then kill off the company.

Oh okay, I didn't really look at the bottom half of the picture. I'm not entirely sure if Cerbrus ownership is such a good idea. For all you know, they may just take what they need and then kill off the company.

Yeah, but Cerberus isn't your typical "slash and burn" group. They've been known to keep things they buy. If anything they (Cerberus) are building themselves up to be like one of those Japanese family corps. (like Mitsubishi), only instead of having founded everything they're buying it all. To be honest, if I had the money and was there at the right time, I would've bought Chrysler.

For proof, here is some of their holdings:

Air Canada
Aegis Mortgage
Blue Bird (the school bus company)
boxclever
GMAC
mervyn's
Spyglass Entertainment (yes, the movie company)

(though most of their holdings seems to be automotive and real estate related, with some retail, a couple of banks, and three or four aerospace companies.)

I didn't know Air Canada was in cahoots with Cerberus :|

GMAC: e.g. they finance everything from daewoo to corvette?

http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/7073/chryslersign2kn9.jpg

But whats this supposed to mean?

It means that somebody in accounting is going to commit seppuku after having to see that sign every day before work

I really don't see what all the fuss is about with the return of pentastar. It's just a logo for crying out loud. It doesn't mean Chrysler is suddenly going to start making vehicles on par with the crappyness of K-cars again. But I guess some people still take every available opportunity to bash American cars.

But thats cuz its the best time to bring out our most hilarious puns, analogies, internet pictures, and maybe dribble in some serious discussion

I think most the people bashing the decision are American. The problem is one of marketing; they are talking about the "new" Chrysler but showing us an emblem that was glued on the hood of some of the worst and souless cars of our generation.

^ Nailed it Blind.

Now I am as skeptical as the next person but I think I have been persuaded that Cerberus will try to both work on costs AND on future development - next two to five years will tell.

This is probably a one off opportunity to completely reshape the company and its products, I do not think that the UAW will cut up too rough as they will be outflanked by the management if they do, so let's wait and see.

Developments costs will be reduced if they still have access to Daimler Benz Components and their massive R&D spend, they need to put in place a CEO who has a clear vision of the company, its products and its customers - and do not forget the dealers.

The Dealers are the key part in the automotive industry and probably the customers main interface with the car manufacturer. Got to get them to be top notch.

I think most the people bashing the decision are American. The problem is one of marketing; they are talking about the "new" Chrysler but showing us an emblem that was glued on the hood of some of the worst and souless cars of our generation.

Keep in mind (im sure your talking about the old K-car) but those cars were cheap, and sold by the millions, and they kept Chrysler from going under. So I don't think you can really say "oh its horrible because it was on an ugly car." I mean, just look at some of the other logo's out there, Nissan for example, its the word nissan with a circle around it, wooooooooow..

IMO The pentastar is not nearly as bad as some of the other car logo's out there.

Do you even have a clue as to where the Pentastar came from??? It doesn't symbolize anything real, it's just a cynical marketing exercise.

Also, um, the circle-bar logo is just the Americanized update of the original logo - which was the word NISSAN in front of the rising sun. Fitting for a Japanese maker, but sometimes the Rising Sun doesn't go over well in the US.

nissan_logo_blaurot.gif

Last edited:
It's not horrible just because it was an ugly car, it was horrible because they were soulless, unreliable, and cheap (not a bargain). In fact, the only thing that Chrysler is any good at is making things cheap.

Keep in mind (im sure your talking about the old K-car) but those cars were cheap, and sold by the millions, and they kept Chrysler from going under. So I don't think you can really say "oh its horrible because it was on an ugly car." I mean, just look at some of the other logo's out there, Nissan for example, its the word nissan with a circle around it, wooooooooow..

IMO The pentastar is not nearly as bad as some of the other car logo's out there.

Yeah, but your a Mopar fanboi so your opinion is not exactly objective.

Sorry, but I would not cross the street to piss on a LeBaron if it were on fire and full of kittens.

Yeah, but your a Mopar fanboi so your opinion is not exactly objective.

Sorry, but I would not cross the street to piss on a LeBaron if it were on fire and full of kittens.

I'd cross the street to rescue the kittens.

Then I'd pour gasoline on the LeBaron to accelerate the burn (after the little cats were safe).

The old LeBaron is probably the only older Chrysler car
you can spot in this part of Europe.

I have no idea how the owners keep 'em going, but they look like
they've been assembled out of cardboard and kitty poo.

btw. Chrysler-related. Until 5-6 years ago, there were a lot of
Jeep Grand Cherokee cars of all generations, and now I can't seem to see any of 'em. Did they break down ?

My girlfriend's mom has a LeBaron convertible and that thing has no problems at all oddly enough. it's a terrible, ugly, akward car, but she hasn't broken it yet.

I have a 1990 Cherokee and I see them all the time on the road, maybe the greenies are just gaining more ground over there?