New Clarkson Vector

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
So I submitted this as a design, hoping I could squeeze it in with the old parody loophole. But it seems Viper007 doesn't like being sued. :p Quicky suggested doing the Stig, but I've found the Stig doesn't lend himself well to a 1 color vector :cry:

So I'm currently trying to find a contact for Clarkson's agent (his wife.) So I can get a go ahead in writing, or possibly work out some sort of licensing deal.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/tw/twerp129/2009/03/09/SubmissionFinal.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! :D

I smell a 2nd t-shirt order coming! ;)

You have to contact whoever took the photo that you traced. Once you get the go ahead from that person (or maybe the BBC or some such that fully owns the rights to the image) then you can go get permission from Clarkson to use his likeness. In other words; not gonna happen.

Very nice artwork twerp.

Good luck getting the rights to use it. Somehow I don't think that will be easy but you might get lucky and they'll just see it as a fair use type of deal.

Ya, I know it's a tough one. In America, you can only use an image if it's altered by 50%, which is tough to determine. I'm not sure how it is in Britain, but I know I'd rather not be like most people who just wait for the Cease and Desist letter. It's one thing using a picture, it's another to make a profit off it.

We'll see I guess. Shooting for a 50/50 license so they don't think I'm trying for a handout.

Last edited:
I love it as a desktop.

Maybe you can upload a higher res version so we can make shirts on our own via Caf? Press or something? They won't pick this up as a copy-vio.

Fantastic work though! :thumbsup:

Nice work Twerp, would make a very cool T-Shirt.

I'd really adjust the tracing. It is too rough for a final version.

It looks like he has a nosebleed and his right (left to you) eye is swollen. The right cheek (left to you, again) is of horrible shape, too. Otherwise it's fine, or even quite good, maybe, but these little details ruin it completely.

And I bet Frances will notice that better than anyone.

Edit: whoops, wife swap happened here :D Thanks for the tip, anonymous chap :)

Last edited:
I think it looks pretty good =)

Don't know, didn't receive any e-mails back, maybe I'll see if I can find some other avenues.

Could you at least post a super high-res version so we can make our own shirts/things with the image?

It would be much appreciated. :)

Don't know, didn't receive any e-mails back, maybe I'll see if I can find some other avenues.
Give me a few days, i'll see if Andy will pass the contact information for Clarkson.