New computer monitor

Average Guy

was previously known as "Small Guy" and soon to be
Car(s)
2015 VW Polo 1.2 TSI
Hey guys!

Im looking for a new monitor for my computer and i just wanna know what you guys think is the best if it has to be:
- Around ?200
- 22'' widescreen

/Small Guy ;)

Last edited:
Acer 22"

should be the cheapest of the bunch, DVI + VGA 5ms 1680x1050 @ 60hz. Everything you need.

Dell 2209WA e-IPS. I just got one and the colors/viewing angles are amazing compared to the el-cheapo TN panels. Short review.

Some videos:

[YOUTUBE]QiBxe3RhYXU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]coMpfMS91No[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]njk8C_NKaGA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gMEudn_Juuk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BG7XNwbUYEM[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks! I quite like the prices of the Acer's (;
I have also read some monitor test and many thought that the Asus VW222u was the best. Do any of you know anything about this screen? (;

Dell 2209WA e-IPS. I just got one and the colors/viewing angles are amazing compared to the el-cheapo TN panels. Short review.

Some videos:

[YOUTUBE]QiBxe3RhYXU[/YOUTUBE]

The gateway monitor I got with my computer some 4 years ago did all that, and automatically changed the screen resolution to a vertical orientation when you moved it upright. And it had picture in picture abilities (thanks to 4 different video input formats), 4 built in usb ports and a few other random things I can't recall off the top of my head. I miss that monitor.

Another +1 for the Acer here. I have the P223W, and it is just brilliant. I paid ?120 for it, and am very glad that I did.

The only place here in Denmark i could find where I could buy it was from Dell themselves. But the problem is that it costs ?300 :|

I was just looking at the nice shiny bezel of my Samsung 22" SyncMaster 226CW and wondering what I could suggest, but I'm completely out of ideas sorry.

Okay they're not on sale any more, but this one is. It has a massive 2048x1152 resolution and is 23", all for less than you want to spend.

Clicky

You could spend the money you save having it shipped over, saving you the worry of finding one in Denmark. :D

Thanks! I quite like the prices of the Acer's (;
I have also read some monitor test and many thought that the Asus VW222u was the best. Do any of you know anything about this screen? (;

Ignore ASUS, even though their stuff is pretty top notch, it's usually overpriced. Unless you can find yourself a good deal, otherwise ASUS is generally is up there with Sony, in terms of pricing.

The reason why I picked the Acer is purely beacuse of the price, it was the cheapest of the bunch and performed just as well as other brands.

No dead pixel, bright colours, great viewing angles and the best is DVI + VGA support.

I was just looking at the nice shiny bezel of my Samsung 22" SyncMaster 226CW and wondering what I could suggest, but I'm completely out of ideas sorry.

Okay they're not on sale any more, but this one is. It has a massive 2048x1152 resolution and is 23", all for less than you want to spend.

Clicky

You could spend the money you save having it shipped over, saving you the worry of finding one in Denmark. :D
I love my Samsung 21" SyncMaster 213T (1600x1200), which has been rock-solid for the 5+ years I've had it (bought it in summer of '03). Even at the insane prices large LCD panels cost back then, I've never regretted it. I'd gladly get another SyncMaster, and recommend getting them if available in your area.

I've talked with one of my fathers friends who know some stuff about this and I'm going to order a Acer V223HQ tomorrow. A nice Full HD screen with a good contrast and all + its one of the cheapest 22'' I can get here where i live (;

Edit: Maybe not the best looking monitor :p

Last edited:
Okay, I just got the screen and its quite nice (;
But there is one problem. I can the the matte cover that sits over the screen (its like some sand on the screen), mostly on white surfaces. Can I do anything about this?