New daily driver: 2018 edition

And Australians are just foul mouthed Englishmen.

Did they ever have a domestic V8?

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect I'd have to overnight some Holden bodywork from Japan to cover the indignity of driving a Chevy, but yeah. They never really caught on around here as an obvious cop car because nobody uses the things.

How much do used SS's run these days?

Holden bits are not that bad with the exception of the air bag

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/6359928039.html

There is also a jungle green with 25k miles for 36k on the SS classified facebook group along with a few others in the mid 30s

- - - Updated - - -

Which is literally why I bought a brand new Charger R/T for $28k. Too many miles for that price on the SS. And I'd have to import Holden bits to liven it up to make it look less like a Malibu. :)

With the exception of the HSV bodywork the only bits you can import are the badges. The cars are identical outside of the badging which is easy enough to fix.

Sometimes it is a good thing when you blend in with the Impalas and Malibus :)

Okay. So an actual SS is out - too much money, no ethanol.

The PPV, though, is quite attractive.

It's an LS family engine, so the only things standing between it and a proper gearbox are a pedalbox, hole in the floor, shopping trip and maybe a need to tell the computer to bugger off.

Also likely to need paint because I'm not a huge fan of Fleet White. The real question is "what color can you paint a giant land barge?"

Last edited:
Why not wrap it? At least then you?re not married to the color.

Okay. So an actual SS is out - too much money, no ethanol.

The PPV, though, is quite attractive.

It's an LS family engine, so the only things standing between it and a proper gearbox are a pedalbox, hole in the floor, shopping trip and maybe a need to tell the computer to bugger off.

Also likely to need paint because I'm not a huge fan of Fleet White. The real question is "what color can you paint a giant land barge?"

Red, red ones go faster

all-the-colors_o_292053.jpg

starbucks-christmas-cups-solution-all-colors-nobody-offended.png

pink-cadillac-02.jpg

Sure, why not.

Holden bits are not that bad with the exception of the air bag
With the exception of the HSV bodywork the only bits you can import are the badges. The cars are identical outside of the badging which is easy enough to fix.

Yea I know they are 99% identical, but mainly I was referring to the fact that I'd want the HSV bits. Sorry, should of specified. :D

I'll admit there is a part of me who wants a giant pink car.

I joked with my wife that I love the new Bentley CGT so much I'd drive a pink one if someone gave it to me. No buy with my own money? It would have to be something special for me to drive a pink car. :lol:

Last edited:
Lightly used 300Cs appear to be readily available. Comfy, fast, good cruisers. Sure, they're all autos, but I'd rather commute with a slushbox anyway.

Last edited:
Yea I know they are 99% identical, but mainly I was referring to the fact that I'd want the HSV bits. Sorry, should of specified. :D

I joked with my wife that I love the new Bentley CGT so much I'd drive a pink one if someone gave it to me. No buy with my own money? It would have to be something special for me to drive a pink car. :lol:

I would love to have the HSV bits but the hoops you need to jump through to even think about buying them put enough people off, if you are a lucky one that does manage to get your hands on them the price is the next hurdle. Someone brought their converted G8 GXP to Cars and Coffee a few months ago I can only imagine how much he spent getting all of it over here.

I would rather have the engine from any of the HSV models instead of the body kits :mrgreen:

I'm scouting E85 stations...

The commercial fueling depot next to work is $2. I'd need to see about getting a fuel card but I can make like I have a fleet.
$2.21 at the Sheetz right off the freeway.

The other station I thought had it doesn't.

Lightly used 300Cs appear to be readily available. Comfy, fast, good cruisers. Sure, they're all autos, but I'd rather commute with a slushbox anyway.

The 8-speed is a magical automatic transmission.

Yeah, but is an Chrysler product going to hit my longevity and reliability requirements?

And those things are STILL ugly as sin. How can you build something that long \and still have it look like that!?

Last edited:
New daily driver: 2018 edition

They don?t have a lot of money to change style? That incredibly high belt line though isn?t good but, hardly noticeable in the charger for some weird reason. I?ve only been passenger in a 300C and it felt like Jeremy?s semi truck in their big rig challenge. I see more chargers than 300s of all vintages in the road still so, I guess it?s reliable?