new dodge caravan

AG.Daiba

Car(s)
BMW 330xi
Chrysler will reveal the fifth generation Dodge Grand Caravan at the Detroit auto show this month. The new vehicle will go on sale this fall. Five models and three powertrains are available for the 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Dodge offers two models: the Dodge Grand Caravan SE and Dodge Grand Caravan SXT.

Powertrain choices for North America include a new 4.0-liter V-6 aluminum engine mated to a new six-speed transaxle that produces 240 hp (179 kW) and 253 lb.-ft. of torque, a 3.8-liter V-6 aluminum engine mated to a new six-speed transaxle that produces 198 hp (148 kW) and 230 lb.-ft. of torque or a 3.3-liter flex-fuel-capable (FFV) V-6 aluminum engine mated to a four-speed transaxle that produces 170 hp (127 kW) and 205 lb.-ft. of torque.

Both the exterior and interior have been completely revised. One major interior highlight is the addition of the all-new "Swivel 'n Go" seating system. Swivel 'n Go offers second row seats that swivel 180 degrees to face the third row with a removable table that installs between the two rows, covered storage bins in the floor of the second row, third-row uncovered storage and fold-in-the-floor third-row seating.

i look at it and its a piece of "begins with s, ends with hit."
and now all they need is a stove for it to be a real caravan so jc can then destroy it, preferably with a dodge ram pickup. kill 2 birds with one stone.

3-2008-dodge-grand-caravan.jpg

7-2008-dodge-grand-caravan.jpg

15-2008-dodge-grand-caravan.jpg

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/05/2008-dodge-grand-caravan-revealed/

i wont lie, that table is fucking genius. I think Dodge/Chrysler are trying to sell their cars as being really manly and shit, look how square everything is inside. The last one looked bland and this one just looks bad.

Here is the 2008 Chrysler Town and Country.

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/4154/ch008013tchl8.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/2162/ch008012tcls0.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/1666/ch008014tcem6.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/4748/ch008015tcxj0.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/8224/ch008002tcae0.jpg

Automotive News has published more specific information on the DCX vans. The rotating second-row captain's chairs are officially called Swivel 'n Go. The MyGIG entertainment system with dash-bound hard drive that debuted on the Sebring Sedan is available as an option, which, while great for playing music like an iPod would, cannot play digital video on the optional dual flip-down LCD screens (fix that, Chrysler). Finally, the new 4.0-liter V6 produces 240 hp and 253 ft-lbs of torque and is mated to a six-speed auto. A 3.8-liter V6/six-speed auto and 3.3-liter V6/four-speed auto will also be available.

Aside from the pics, the real kicker here is all the information that's now available on Chrysler's next-generation minivans. For instance, as is evident in the images, the second-row captains chairs are able to swivel 180-degrees and still do the whole Stow N Go thing. A small, stowable table can also be placed between the rotated second-row captain's chairs and the back bench to create a nice place to play Texas Hold 'Em on long trips. Also of note are the two large screens that flip down from the roof-mounted center console and the fact that each is playing a different video. This implies that the T&C's entertainment system will be robust enough to handle at least two separate video inputs at the same time.

The Spanish site, which can be read in translation here, also talks about what engines are currently available for the vans in Europe, but does confirm the addition of a 4.0-liter V6 for North America. No word on power figures, though most expect it to be paired with a six-speed auto.

There's stlil plenty to learn about the Town & Country and its platform mate, the Dodge Caravan, which we'll bring you during the Detroit show.

http://aftermarket.autoblog.com/2007/01/04/the-damn-has-broken-dcx-minivan-pics-leaked-again/

I'd take a Toyota Sienna over either of those any day. Oh wait, I already have one :)

My next choice would be a Honda.

i look at it and its a piece of "begins with s, ends with hit."
and now all they need is a stove for it to be a real caravan so jc can then destroy it, preferably with a dodge ram pickup. kill 2 birds with one stone.
Err...what did you expect? It's a minivan, not a Zonda. Just because it can't lap the TG track doesn't mean it's not going to fulfill its job of being a boring kiddie transporter.

And I agree, that table is brilliant, as well as being able to turn the middle row backwards for mobile picnics. I think these are pretty good minivans, and it's nice touches like those (and the power sliding door windows) that are going to be popular. The column shifter is ugly and awkward, though.

I hate to say this but I love the table idea. Eugh 3.3 litres and 170 bhp. HOW? How could it be that not powerful? Im also not sure about the Durango inspired styling styling...

I hate to say this but I love the table idea. Eugh 3.3 litres and 170 bhp. HOW?

Why spend money on the base engine? Hp per liter in this segment ain't really that important.

I don't know why the grand caravan sells so well.... I've driven the MPV, the Honda, the toyota, the ford, the chevy, and of course the current/and older grand caravans... the Grand Caravan would be my absolute last choice of them all, yet it's the one that sells the best.

every time i'm in one, i'm afraid i'm going to lose my hair when it rolls over because you can't take a corner without fearing for your life....

Sweet galloping Christ! That looks like the last Caravan mated with a Chevy Tahoe to produce this bastard child.

Remember when I said I was going to kill a puppy with my teeth if they did one more car with acres of fake wood? Well, I'm feeling a mite bit peckish right now.

Well, GM and Ford are getting out of the minivan business I believe.

The reason the Caravan sells is because it is the least expensive van you can buy new. You can get one for like $16,000 if you negotiate.

People who have families generally have to spend all their money on their kids. That leaves less money to pay a badge premium on a Toyota Sienna or a Honda Odyssey. These people don't care about g-ratings in a lane change, powertrain refinement, snug-fitting panels, 0-60, leather seats (kids will ruin that anyway). etc. They want a lot of space and they want it cheap. The Caravan has always had decent reliablity, so it's obviously a perfect fit.

Though the Sienna and the Odyssey are perenially rated the best vans, the Caravan is still the one that outsells all of them.

Hideous. Honda Odyssey or Volkswagen Multivan over those anyday. Nice work on the table there, takes a lot of effort to copy Volkswagen! Atleast because the Volkswagen .. well, because it's a van, there's room for the table and all the chairs. I love the inside of that car.

Odyssey_modulo-1.jpg

If anyone says this sucks, i'll shoot myself! :p

every time i'm in one, i'm afraid i'm going to lose my hair when it rolls over because you can't take a corner without fearing for your life....
Don't be so melodramatic :canadian: It's a family cruiser not a damn sports car. If you lose your hair because it "rolls" you either are exaggerating for exaggeration's sake, are a crap driver or never really drove one and just repeat usual catch phrases.

The purpose of a minivan is to haul family with the hair-shedding pooch and luggage. Priority is for Junior's drink and fries not to fly to the roof while hitting a pothole and not to have daddy take a 90 degree bend at 80 mph.

guess you've never driven one :p they are that bad, and i've never heard that catch phrase before as i figured i was making it up as i was going :D

i'd driven every family van there is, I would not put my family in one of those, even if i couldn't afford anything better, i'd find a way.

Last edited:
Just the other week I was thinking "man, Chrysler hasn't changed their minivans in a lonnnng time!" Well, here you go. The styling is, alright I guess. I like that dashboard. And check out the funky location of the gearshift! :lol: The rolldown window in the back would be a really nice feature too. You hardly got any airflow in the back on the old ones.

Well, GM and Ford are getting out of the minivan business I believe.
GM's minivans have failed spectacularly and Ford decided to ax their Freestar. So Chrysler/Dodge have the domestic market to themselves. But Nissan and Mazda offer a much more interesting minivan and the Honda and Toyota have been overall better in the past. The Caravan and Town & Country has always felt very industrial and crude. On the other hand, they are dirt cheap.