new dodge caravan

:yawn: So bland, it's ugly, except for this:

http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/4748/ch008015tcxj0.jpg

That's just pure ugly.

That looks like a confused dog.

this looks like ass

this is officially the end of Chrysler's hold on the minivan market

I'd take a Toyota Sienna over either of those any day. Oh wait, I already have one :)

My next choice would be a Honda.

Me too. Hey, whaddaya know? Oh, and the Sienna has the 266 hp 3.5L V6 now. :mrgreen:

I just don't like the look of the new Caravan. It has too much of that "we wanted to make it look like an SUV...kinda" quality about it. The swiveling chairs and table in the back are nice, but the other things, like power windows in the sliding doors, have been around in other minivans for a long time now. I'm sure it's great for the price and will sell well, but I'd rather spend the extra money to get a Sienna or Odyssey.

I don't know why Minivans are being discussed on this forum of all places.

I've driven a previous generation Town&Country and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I don't know who was talking about being afraid of rolling one, but it sounds like you need to take some driving lessons and possibly try obeying the laws of the road. This latest one seems a little bland, but at least it's not trying to pretend to be something it isn't, like that Honda minivan on the previous page that looks like a support vehicle for the Fast and the Furious films.

from being driven in a van for the last 11 years everyday, thats pretty sweet...it looks like they tried to make an SUV with sliding doors, and the featurs seem pretty good, love the table and swivelling middle chairs, the dual tv's are sweet...LOL at the gear stick tho...something that i find hilarious is taht my 1996 plymouth grand voyager has a 3.3L V6, with 158 hp and 203lb-ft...11 years and 2 generations later...the engine has gained 12hp and THREElb-ft of torque, but no1 really cares aslong as they can get to point B on time and with out people running passing them

I don't think anyone here is a big fan of Minivans like the Caravan and Town & Country, but they have two things going for them despite the restyle.

1. Fold Flat seating:

I don't know of any other minivan that offers such a brilliant idea (seriously, I don't. Not in this half of the world anyway)

2. Price.

Caravans and T&C's are very cheap compaired to the rest of their competition. And it's not like its a bad platform either, properly maintained either of said vans can and will go 200,000+ miles. Then again, so could the competition, but they cost a hell of a lot more.

a 300C with an aftermarket grille is pretty nice - that aside - Sebring? Aspen? this!? what are the styling people at chrysler thinking?

http://img221.imageshack.**/img221/4748/ch008015tcxj0.jpg

It looks like Bush when the press ask him a hard question.

Like "What did you have for breakfast this morning?"

I thought the Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai people carriers had fold flat seats (3rd row right?)

This might surprise some of you but - I couldn't give a shit about this car :p

But I spose as a minivan, they're both allrite and do the job they're designed for at a low price. But it must be really sad when you get one of these things. They're not vehicles you "want" rather they're vehicles you need (cos you've fucked too many times).

And with the Dodge, you really need the top of the range 4.0L for it to move that body weight. The rest of the engines are pathetic with over 3000cc of displacement and miserable hp figures.

IF I were buying a minivan, I'd get one of those VW transporters. Whenever I go to the motorshow, I always spend ages in one of them. They keep me amused for hours. Yes I am a child.

I thought the Honda, Toyota, and Hyundai people carriers had fold flat seats (3rd row right?)
I know the Odyssey and Sienna have them for sure. The Sienna even manages to have seats that stow into the floor and AWD. Think about that for a second.

But...isn't the trick of the Dodge and Chrystler a fold-flat 2nd row, also? I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered seeing that in the commercials...

But...isn't the trick of the Dodge and Chrystler a fold-flat 2nd row, also? I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered seeing that in the commercials...

yes, they do fold flat, 2nd and 3rd row, i was playing with one in the dealership the other day while waiting. pretty easy to work too :p

Well you have fun playing with your minivan seats. I'm going to go find something to drive that eats baby seals and makes children cry.

IF I were buying a minivan, I'd get one of those VW transporters. Whenever I go to the motorshow, I always spend ages in one of them. They keep me amused for hours. Yes I am a child.
Eurovan! WITH CURTAINS!
eurovan.jpg

eurovan2.jpg

No finer way to travel, folks. Especially if you thought the first part of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life was a documentary. :p

Sorry to bump, but I don't want to start a new thread.

Anyway here's a video of the 2008 Dodge Caravan. It is so ugly compared to the current one. It's like they took the old one and squared it off everywhere. The Interior is actually pretty nice and large, but the car is very very ugly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fi_SMGHoIw&mode=related&search=

If it has rear amber turn signals I am going to burn something down.
What's wrong with rear amber turn signals? I love them.

Oh and Dodge, lose those chrome mirrors. They look horrible! :barf: That steering wheel is pretty yucky too. But the rest looks fine. I love all those cool little accessories inside. And is it just me or does it seem to hold the corners better than the old vans?