New Dodge Challenger SRT-8 in the flesh

I'm retarded enough to actually throw the SRT4 engine in one though.
You'd have to rev that poor little 4 popper like hell to get a 2 ton Challenger moving :lol:.

wiki said:
The Hyper Pak consisted of a very-long-ram intake manifold meant to accept a Carter AFB 4-barrel carburetor, the AFB carburetor itself and an appropriate air cleaner, dual (front-3 and rear-3) cast iron exhaust headers, a large-diameter exhaust Y-pipe to connect to these dual cast iron headers, a larger muffler, a 276?-duration camshaft with appropriate valve springs and pushrods, a heavier-duty clutch, a manual choke control, a starter motor modification template and, in the full-race version of the package, high-compression pistons designed to increase the engine's compression ratio to 10.5 from the stock 8.5.

They stuck that hopped up Slant Six in Plymouth Valiants from '60-'62 and cleaned up pretty nicely on the track. Learn something new everyday, thanks BlaRo.

I just hope the rumors about them introducing a 7.0L HEMI V8 into the Challenger lineup sometime in 2009/2010 is true, because that way that can stick 426 HEMI badges all over it! Maybe they should just stick the crate 426 HEMI available through Mopar in it, now THAT would be bad-ass.

However there are also rumors that Chrysler will place their new 392 cubic inch (6.4L) 525 horsepower HEMI V8 in the Challenger in 2009 on the SRT-8 trim, and the 6.1L will drop to the R/T trim (possibly receiving MDS by 2010), the 5.7L will drop to create a new trim level, the SLT, and keeping the 3.5L Powertech V6 as the base.

You'd have to rev that poor little 4 popper like hell to get a 2 ton Challenger moving :lol:.

Nothing a bit of anti-lag, BMF turbo, and creative use of the VVT system couldn't solve ;)

... Or a shit load of nitrous. Anyone know where I can get 2 bottles, the big ones from? :D

They stuck that hopped up Slant Six in Plymouth Valiants from '60-'62 and cleaned up pretty nicely on the track. Learn something new everyday, thanks BlaRo.

Ditto, to both ya.

Saw one on the road yesterday, in the Malibu, CA area. Was only able to snap off one photo as he was in the turning lane as I was driving by...

They are huge!
DSC01712.jpg

Local Dealer had one for $25k over MSRP and it was gone in 12 hours :lol:

5 meters long... dayum! I didn't know that.

I saw one on the road the other day as well, looks really good

http://img368.imageshack.**/img368/163/spa0142kg6.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/6762/spa0143fq6.jpg

The more I see it, the more I like it - definitely prefer this to the Camaro, which is starting to look 'heavy'.

I saw a silver '08 SRT yesterday on the road. My reactions:

1. It's a surprisingly big car, it also looks fairly tall from the back. You can see the bones of the Charger sticking out here and there.

2. The car struck me as extremely slab sided and "chunky". Hammond's comment about the new one lacking the old one's "tucked-in" sides now makes sense to me. However, it's still a great profile with the classic muscle car side-kink and proportions.

3. The car is definitely modern looking, much less retro than I was anticipating. The giant wheels, chiseled character lines and flush glass help.

4. The clear patch on the rear tailight is not nearly as clean as the concept's solid red bar. Definitely a step backward.

I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. It goes without saying that this is a backward-looking car that might begin to look more and more ridiculous is gas prices stay where they are and everyone starts driving Honda Fit look alikes.

My opinion of him just went up.

I saw a black one briefly the other day going the other direction on the freeway. Hopefully I'll get a better look of one in person soon, these things will be popular.

One of the very few rich people in my town bought one for his wife, and I've seen it a few times, it is big but it really looks better in person.

OT-this guy also has a really badass 502 1968 Camaro. Awesome garage.

Nothing a bit of anti-lag, BMF turbo, and creative use of the VVT system couldn't solve ;)

... Or a shit load of nitrous. Anyone know where I can get 2 bottles, the big ones from? :D

Ditto, to both ya.

Using a lot of nos on an engine like that.. You would most likely blow the welds on the intake! Duh!

Also, anti-lag really is not for road cars..

About the Challenger.. I think it needs the pistol grip gearlever back :)

Our little dealer in town has an SRT8 in the showroom. Owner ordered it personally, he got number 1341 (I think that was it) of the 6400 according to the little badge on the glovebox. It's black, and boy is it a pretty car, so much better at the retro styling than the new mustang.

With the $13k markup he wants $55000 for it, which isn't too bad I'd say. When I sat in it the little screen on the gauges lit up and said "Press brake and push button to start." That was tempting.