New favourite Top Gear challenge

daffodil

From the first series of Top Gear back in 2002 to the end of 2010, what is your favourite Top Gear challenge? (I know I've asked this before. I think I asked this two years ago, but as bangalore. Sorry!) :)

Last edited:
612 vs Hamster & Capt. Slow
SLR vs Hamster & Capt. Slow

got to be the slr race

I'd have to say my favorite "standard show" challenge is the cheap car/17 year old's first car challenge (Beige volvo wagon, golf, and hyundai). I've probably watched that episode 20 times and laugh ever time.

Favorite "special" challenge is Vietnam.

Well, let's see.

My favorite "special" challenge would be Vietnam, because it actually created a desire in my to learn to ride a motorcycle. (Clarkson, of course, would be horrified by the idea that he, personally, inspired hundreds of middle-aged men to learn to ride motorcycles.)

Favourite race would have to be Jaguar vs. Peppercorn A-1 vs. Vincent Black Shadow.

Favourite stunt would be Reliant Robin space shuttle.

My favorite "special" challenge would be Vietnam, because it actually created a desire in my to learn to ride a motorcycle. (Clarkson, of course, would be horrified by the idea that he, personally, inspired hundreds of middle-aged men to learn to ride motorcycles.)

Point of order: Clarkson was riding a hairdryer. I seem to recall that only Hammond was riding a real motorcycle, with James on a step-through.

Without any doubt; the first Epic race. Series 4 episode 1, DB9 vs Train.

Toybota episode with and Nissanch to France as one long challenge. First time ever that they did a real (as in difficult) challenge successfully together.

Last edited:
Epic Race: Basel to Blackpool (there was real drama)

Cheap Car Challenge: How Much Lorry for GBP5000 (my favorite piece they ever did - never laughed harder at a TG skit)

Road Trip: Vietnam (there was true chemistry)

The epic country journeys are always my favourites. Africa, Vietnam, South America, North Pole etc. It really do make me want to go and visit these places well except for the Pole :D

Epic Race: SLR vs. Boat. After all, I am Norwegian.

Cheap Car Challenge: Leyland Cars.

Road Trip: Bolivia. Just epic.

Epic Race: Verbier. Closest finish ever, and gave me a lot of respect for the 612.

Cheap Car Challenge: Police cars. The sight of James' car with "Rozzers" painted on the front, with Sousa by way of Python playing on the siren cracks me up every time.

Road Trip: Millau. The sight of those three supercars side-by-side on the Elysee...magnifique.

My top favorites are the 24 hour endurance race and I guess Botswana with Vietnam being a close second out of the road trips.

My favourite challenge was the fuel saving trip from Base to Blackpool. The other challenge I like is the cheap super car challenge where they must get to a strip club :)

Epic Race: SLR vs boat

Cheap Car Challenge: ?1,500 Porsche

Road Trip: Middle East, followed VERY closely by Botswana

Cheap car challenge : $100 car

Race: Veyron vs. Cessna

Road trip: Botswana

Special mention for Clarkson driving a Reliant Robin from Sheffield To Rotherham, and him driving the Peel p50 (both short but funny)