New Ford Fiesta ("Verve")...looks HOT!

jensked

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/featuresvideos/211243/ford_fiesta_driven.html

New Ford Fiesta "concept car". The exterior looks HOT, the inside is a bit too futuristic for me and it kinda looks lika a Motorola Phone, but it puts the Fiesta back on the map for me.

X_9700_1.jpg

X_9700_6.jpg

X_9700_7.jpg

X_9700_4.jpg

well... it's different. i can see what they are doing, trying to aim it at the younger market to compete with the Civic and the new Mazda 2. but it won't work, i've seen lots of grannys driving around in the ST version of the current fiesta :D

Every time i see hot euro Ford stuff (including concept).............it kind makes me wonder what kind ppl work at Ford over here. :cry:

gay? :hump: ....yeah that sounds about right...... or maybe just some drunk xxxxx :cheers:

Last edited:
It looks French...

Citroen C4 + Peugeot 207??? C'mon Ford, you can do better.

The front grill is a bit on the big side, but as the guy said it will change... I think it looks good :)

I don't like the way small car design is going. Everything is getting higher and more rounded, particularly at the front. Compare a contemporary hatchback, like the current Fiesta to older (late 90's) small cars, and the older stuff look like little 911's in comparison in terms of profile and height. The new Corsa, the small Citroens etc also prove the point. And this takes a further leap down that path. Urgh.

^ Safety is pushing the design that way. The skill will be to do it with Customer appeal and style. I quite like this concept actually - but then I have been a recent Ford convert. And I agree about the US Focus - although I have never seen one "in the flesh" it does not cut a dash IMHO. I just can't get my head around why NA Ford will not just take the Euro Focus design - Americanise it and then sell billions of them as I am sure they would. Oh Americanise in a good way not PiP every good thing off it.

Citroen C4 + Peugeot 207??? C'mon Ford, you can do better.
:lmao:, that's what I thought when I saw the thing. And that dashboard definitely looks like it came straight from Motorola.

That first picture makes it look astonishing. Maybe if they made the lower grille smaller by increasing that strip of "body" between lower and upper grille it would look better. As for interior... well, on concepts, interiors always have to be taken with about a pound of salt. I'd be really interested in seeing what the production version looks like.

Oh but wait, we won't get it.