New Ford GT named "Ford Phoenix" V6 Ecoboost

I couldn't care less about sales figures
You sure about that?

I'd like to do an equal comparison with the reliability of American cars in Germany, but sadly you don't export anything in numbers high enough for people to take note.

giphy.gif
For someone who doesn't care about sales figures, why did you resort to bringing up poor sales performance of US cars in your country in a (failed) attempt to respond to my earlier allegations? That you even gave yourself a mic drop for what you thought was somehow a witty, debate crushing point makes your "I don't care about sales numbers" line appear even less accurate.

Aren't we slightly missing the point here...discussing fuel consumption figures on a supercar thread?

Agreed. If offered a McLaren F1 I wouldn't say no on the account that my truck had a better MPG figure on its monroney.

I'm not sure where D-Fence's anti-American sentiment is coming from, almost all cars are designed and built internationally. BMW manufactures their carbon fiber 150 miles from where I live, Ferrari uses GM designed shock absorbers (MagnaRide), and Toyota has a design center in CA. At minimum, every car sold today has been built and designed to some degree in America, Europe, and China.

Last edited:
Nationalism aside: I instantly thought "this thing must be heavier than the previous GT that had a supercharged V8 because all cars are getting bigger and heavier" but turns out it is not.
If my Google-fu is right, the current iteration is 210kg lighter which blows my initial hypothesis out of the water.

I'm not sure where D-Fence's anti-American sentiment is coming from, almost all cars are designed and built internationally.

I think he got butthurt because Jim mentioned that Euro cars don't seem to fare very well on this side of the pond, why he would care I don't know...

- - - Updated - - -

Nationalism aside: I instantly thought "this thing must be heavier than the previous GT that had a supercharged V8 because all cars are getting bigger and heavier" but turns out it is not.
If my Google-fu is right, the current iteration is 210kg lighter which blows my initial hypothesis out of the water.

It makes sense, those blowers are pretty heavy.

It makes sense, those blowers are pretty heavy.

Yeah, but nonetheless I am glad to see Ford able to add power and reduce weight. It is usually BOTH that go up with every new version.

Last edited:
I think he got butthurt because Jim mentioned that Euro cars don't seem to fare very well on this side of the pond, why he would care I don't know...
Actually, D-Fence's anti-American scree started both in this and the new Ford plant thread before I posted anything.

Hopefully it sounds better than its race car counter part, the race car sounds really really really bad. I am pretty sure a 16 y/o with a civic and a fart can would also agree. The fuel economy issue is interesting in race trim the GT was one of the best cars with fuel mileage using the same basic engine as the road car.

I thought the race car sounded good at Laguna Seca this past year.

I was not impressed at COTA almost eight hours of listening to that thing buzz or belch by during the IMSA and WEC races. My dad is a die hard Ford guy and has a 2010 SHO with that ecoboost engine and he even admitted it sounded bad which really took me by surprise.

Ah, where do I get started? Poor fuel quality compared to Europe? No bi-annual forced govermental car inspections regarding road worthiness allowing for people to ignore maintenance? Then again, I'd like to do an equal comparison with the reliability of American cars in Germany, but sadly you don't export anything in numbers high enough for people to take note.
Yep, I'm sure that my dad's meticulously-maintained and annually inspected (per the law) A4 had a timing chain snap, turbo explode a year later, and several cylinders lose compression after another year simply because of poor gas quality from Shell. I only know two people that haven't had any major reliability complaints about their German cars - they co-own a garage together that specializes in Audi/VW/BMW :lol:

Does the production one eat men in grey shirts, you mean?

Does the production road version do that? Cause if so I want one just to be able to do that at the lights :p

I believe that's the production road version.

What a cute spoiler :D

THIS is a spoiler:

19g7gvmgchdcigif.gif

I mean, it can FLIP PEOPLE OFF

19g7gq9362nkngif.gif

giphy.gif

I love the Panamera spoiler, it's just such a brilliant engineering circlejerk.

nxjhkp1pz841domx6217.gif

Are you planning on addressing the items I raised in my posts, or do you need another week to get over your wing fetish first?

You know that I did, given that you previously responded with tangential non-answers. Go back a page if your memory fails you. I'm still waiting to hear genuine answers rather than just a bunch of anti-American rhetoric.