• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

NEW HARD DRIVE.

Raheel

Photoshop Mod
Car(s)
BMW E46 318 CI
I just bought a new Hard Drive :D Its a 200 GB Seagate @7200 rpm... gonna install it right now.

How much?

I think he has an SATA HDD never seen a ATA 7200RPM HDD ever come out.

TVR_Fan said:
I think he has an SATA HDD never seen a ATA 7200RPM HDD ever come out.
ATA 7200RPM are the most common harddisks there are!

jasonchiu said:
i have 2 WD's 40 and 160 and a IBM 60GB all in one computer!

Even I have more than that....

is it xp?

And one more thing, I am having trouble running all four Drives on the PC...

I have SEAGATE as Primary master (200 GB)
MAXTOR as Secondary slave(40 GB)
A WD120BB as Secondary master...(120 GB)

When I put my DVD it does not run...(It used to be SEC mASTER)

help needed

My Seagate has installed the drivers but i cannt see it in my computer...how do i format it from windows?

and one more thing..the drive that i had said was giving a predicted failure is not doing that now...

thanks dude i am using administrative tool to format the drive now.

i think i'll make the DVD a sec master and see if it works

Maybe you should

start all over again, pull every drive out, and start over again. That helped with me. And make sure you set all the jumpers right !!!!!!!

You can also try to open your bios, to see if he recognises the drives.
(when you boot, press DEL or something, but don't touch anything else :))
I had to adjust that once.

y dude. all 3 drives are working and there is a conflict between DVD and the 120 GB disk.. both of them are set on sec slaves.. i'll change one of them.

is there a way of removing a partition without affecting/damaging data on the drives? The drive that my windows is on is 10GB. I want to increase it to 20GB..

raheel_qamar said:
is there a way of removing a partition without affecting/damaging data on the drives? The drive that my windows is on is 10GB. I want to increase it to 20GB..

Yep, partition magic should be able to do so.
Search for it on the known torrent sites.

swek said:
raheel_qamar said:

Yep, partition magic should be able to do so.
Search for it on the known torrent sites.

Jep, partition magic can do this, but before you work with it (especially when it's you first time) MAKE BACKUPS. When partition magic or your computer would crash during the task, you kinda loose everything on that disk(you can still recover it).

And the problem with the 2 drives not working properly is most probably bc of the jumper settings. I'm pretty sure when I read what you wrote.

And if I where you, I would make the smallest HD prim master. This will make things a little bit faster. I would go for: 40GB (prim master), 120 GB (prim slave), 200GB (sec master) , DVD.

Greetz Johan