New Here, but just saying hi!

daedalus

Glad to meet you all. I love the Top Gear vids, and am obsessed with them. Glad there are other people that appreciate it as much as me!

Anyhow, I just bought a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege and its getting a pretty major rebuild on it. It blew up 323 miles after I took delivery of it, Mazda voided my warrenty and I was left out on the limb to fix it myself.

Updates of the entire process are here: http://www.transonicracinginnovations.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=34

Just in case you guys cared!

Peace!

:shock: Why'd they void the warranty?

I bought the car with 14k miles on it, and the guy who owned it before had installed an Injen CAI on it.

Get this. The service manager was trying to convince me that the increase in airflow to the engine shattered the piston causing the failure (Keep in mind my car was completely stock when I purchased it, when it blew, and when I took it in).

And to top his bullshit case off, he told me he had seen it on 4 other MSPs that had been in with blown engines.

What he didnt know was that I knew each and every MSP owner in our area and there are only 3 cars including my own and their cars have never gone pop! So hes full of crap.

Either way, even pending a lawsuit they wouldnt budge. I hate mazda...

Welcome daedalus :wave:

That's crap about the dealership voiding the warranty, is the lawsuit still pending, or did you drop it?

Awesome car, it looks great in yellow, although my personnal choice would've been titanium.

Sucks about the warranty though, don't you guys have a law against that in USA, that states that the manifacturer can't void a warranty like that?

oh and didn't the car already have an aftermarket CAI like the MP3 did? :?

yea, the link is working for me... sometime their site does go down... Might want to check it again.

And no, the MSP came with a stock looking airbox, and yea there is a Magnos Moss Warrenty act that would prevent this kind of crap, but its hard to establish which owner is liable for the damage, and also which dealership is liable for selling the car with a full warrenty when it didnt have one. ( I bought the car in Georgia, and I live in Nebraska).

There is a link to a cardomain site that isnt as updated in my sig!

an CAI voids warrenty :shock: ... I thought it is changes to the engine management system, changing blocks, addind stroker kits, changing turbos, overboosting turbos, changing pistons and stuff inside the block voids warranty, not installing a CAI, that doesn't affect the car at all because ultimately your ECU should know how much air should be allowed to be combusted

Car looks good and :welcome: to the forums.

Damn dealers.